Chapter 36

I open my eyes happily, already excited for tonight, I look over at the clock and see its 8am. Christmas Eve, the day of the ball. I sit up slightly in bed and begin to read through the next few steps of the animagus transformation, Tahlia curled up next to me, putting contently.
After reading probably the whole book, and rereading Alex's copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
I get up and walk into the bathroom with some comfy clothes on my arm, an oversized black sweatshirt, red tights, and my uggs.
As I walk out of the shower I finger the beaters bat charm on my necklace, as I stare at my reflection in the mirror.
I can't wait till tonight!
"Morning Alex." I say as I notice Alex waking up, walking out of the bathroom. "I thought you died."
"Morning, why did you think I died?"
"You slept in." I said with a small smirk.
"Oh shut it. You have breakfast yet?"
"No but we should go soon, the professors are already decorating."
"Okay just let me get changed."
---------------------------
We walked into the great hall and saw large icicles dangling from the ceiling and frost colour on every surface in the hall.
Snow was lightly falling from the icicles but never landed on anyone.
"It's so pretty." Alex and I say in unison as we gawked at the decor.
Most of the students still in the hall weren't even eating but admiring the hall.
"I want it to snow all the time." She says staring at the ceiling.
"If it did you would eventually hate it." I say taking a sip from my goblet. "And be careful when you talk if anyone sees that thing in your mouth you'll be in huge trouble."
"Oh right forgot about it. It's been so long."
"You are going to be the reason we get busted."
"Oopsies."
---------------------------------
I walk into the bathroom to have a shower before getting ready for the ball.
When I step out I put my hair in a messy bun and do my makeup, nothing too dark, black winged eyeliner, pale red lipstick, and lilac eyeshadow. I look at myself in the mirror a few times before taking my hair out of the bun.
I brush my hair back a bit and then begin to braid some of my hair, from my part down the right side of my head, not tying it at the end. I stare at my reflection for a minute, just fingering the beaters bat charm on my necklace, before I walk over to the door and unzip the clothe bag with my dress in it, carefully pulling it out and putting it on.
I look at myself in the mirror about a million more times before walking out of the bathroom after slipping on my shoes, black wedges.
"Hey George sorry I made you wait." I say as I walk over to the door, looking him up and down. He was in a white shirt, brown vest, a black overcoat and a black bow tie.
"You look stunning." George says, sounding star struck.
"And you look rather handsome yourself I practically whisper to him, earning a smirk.
"You coming Alex?" I ask, linking arms with George.
"No I'll go down separately, you two have fun." She answers, pushing us towards the door.
"If you're sure." I say uncertainly and we walk down the stairs.
----------------------------------
After dinner we ran into Triss, who was getting punch for his date.
"Hey." I said as I grabbed myself a glass.
He looked over at me with a mix of shock and happiness.
"Why miss Tracy, you're beautiful." He said with a gentle smile.
(A/N Switch Tracy out for Elpheba and you get a quote from Wicked.)
"Why thank you mister Hayes, you look rather dashing yourself." I say with a laugh.
I take a sip of my punch and feel George snake his arms around my waist, and whisper in my ear.
"Care to dance?"
"Of course."
We make our way to the dance floor just as the song ends and the next song shocks me, Wizard Love, a muggle song(above).
Then I notice something all the more shocking, the Slytherin Prince and the Griffindor Princess, dancing, together.
I watched for a moment not being able to tare my eyes from the adorable couple, before pulling George further into the dance floor, since everybody else is watching the couple.
As we begin to dance I get the perfect feeling, George looking at me, as if mesmerized, it being Christmas Eve, the music, the lights, it was all so magical.
I looked up at George, knowing he was already looking at me, and I noticed something above us that would make my magical evening all the more perfect, mistletoe.
"Look." I said, pointing above us.
"Mistletoe." He said, letting out a shaky breath, he was nervous.
I leaned up, putting my arms around his neck, before her could hesitate and kissed him.
He froze for a second before kissing me back.
It was passionate but also gentle and sweet, and just like that it ended.
And so did the song.
"Wanna go somewhere else?" I asked him.
"Sure." He answered, pulling his bow tie undone.
I grabbed his hand and took him to the ROR.
When we got inside I walked over to the fireplace, still holding George's hand, and sat down on the floor in front of the fire. He sat against the chair and pulled me into his lap, where I just snuggled into him with a sigh of content.