Chapter 55 - Caleb Singleton

Comenzar desde el principio

"I am sure he is Baby, I am sure he is....."

"I was bored and just trying to cook you a new recipe, that was why I went to the supermarket. I am so sorry..... If only I had listened to you, OJ will be just fine....." sobbing, she hugged his torso and pressed her head deeper into his chest.

Stefan caressed her hair gently before planting a kiss on her head, hiding his rage inside. He swore he would put an end to this as soon as possible.

***

For someone with bruises and bandage she was still looking beautiful....

Stefan watched his wife sleeping with relieve in his heart. Kara was safe and sound and he was happy for it.

She was pretty upset with the situation and the fact that OJ was now lying on a hospital bed with severe injury had driving her mad. But luckily Stefan knew how to calm her down and finally she was agreed to have some rest and not throwing her tantrum trying to catch the bad guy.

He kissed her forehead carefully and adjusted her blanket before leaving the bedroom.

Slowly Stefan strolled down to the kitchen to talk to the rest of the bodyguards. They had been interviewed by the police and Tim the private investigator but Stefan wanted them to repeat everything just in case they remembered more information that maybe slipped their mind first time.

This situation had scared the hell out of him. Three attempt of murder couldn't be taken out lightly. He thought while waiting for police investigation, he could prevent another attempt by hiring bodyguards, but yet they almost failed and one already down. This was beyond his expectation, and police had admitted that they also miscalculate the event.

A knock on the door stopped him.

"Evita?" Stefan was stunned by his visitor.

"Hi. I heard what happened to Kara. I just want to see if she is okay....." her statement confused him. "May I come in?" she lifted a bouquet of flowers in her hand and smiled at him.

"She's fine." He answered dryly while taking a step back to let her in.

"Thank you." She said, Stefan led her to the kitchen, signalling the bodyguards to be somewhere else before offering Evita something to drink.

"Kara is sleeping right now." Stefan pushed a glass of water in front of his mother in law with a slight disgust on his face. This woman was a fake. Her smile and kindness wasn't genuine. Now he could see it as bright as the daylight. And she had the nerve to come here pretending to sympathized the attack. She was evil Stefan thought.

"Oh... well she should have plenty of rest..." Evita nodded, slightly disappointed that Stefan didn't allow her to see her step daughter. "And how are you Stefan? You are not using crutches anymore. I am glad you have recovered."

"I am feeling so much better. Thank you." Stefan answered shortly. Deliberately showing his reluctance to chit chatting with her.

They stayed silent for a while before Stefan throwing a question, "What are you doing here Evita?"

She blinked in confusion, "I am here to see my daughter. Is it a crime?"

"Oh really? Why don't you tell me who did you send to kill her?" Stefan asked bluntly.

"What?" she turned around to see his face over his absurd question.

"You paid that guy, Bruce to tamper the brake of my car too, didn't you? And attacked Kara here in this house after. Twenty thousand dollars up front. I got someone checked your bank transaction. You withdrew about that much at the same time when the attack happened."