Chapter 23

"So have you got your speech prepared for when you guys win?" You ask, topping and tailing with Dan on the sofa whilst Phil sits on the armchair.

"Not really" Dan chuckles, scratching the back of his neck.

"I honestly don't think we will win" Phil says.

"Come on guys! You two have so many subscribers, you're both good looking and you're funny!" You encourage them, tangling your legs in Dan's.

"Yeah I know but there are other Youtube duos that are all those things too" Dan says, placing his hand around your calf, pulling you closer.

"And if we do, we'll wing the speech!" Phil laughs, "Most people do"

You sigh and look at Dan who is looking at you too. He notices you looking at him and he winks, giving you a warm blush upon your face and butterflies in your stomach. You can't believe neither of them see how amazing they are - you have no doubt in your mind that they will win. You look to Phil, who begins to sit up in the chair.

"You don't need to answer if you don't want to but what actually happened between you and Hollie earlier?" Phil asks, looking concerned, "Things seemed pretty tense and Louise came running in here like you had died or something"

You look from Phil to Dan who is no longer smiling, but has a facial expression matching Phil's.

"We just had a disagreement" You reply, sugar-coating the truth.

Dan gives you a look that tells you that he isn't taking your crap and he knows it was more than that. You feel a little intimidated as you reflect on what happened.

"Okay, so you don't have to believe me or whatever but she is evil" You tell him, sitting up, "She literally grabbed me by the shoulders and hissed at me!"

Dan and Phil simultaneously sigh and you know from that, they don't believe you.

"Why were you in there anyway?" Dan asks, reaching for you hand and grasping it.

"Well..."

You pause. You went in there looking for Dan, even after he specifically told you to forget what happened. He'll know straight away that you haven't forgotten if you assumed he was in Hollie's room. But on the other hand, you know he wants the truth.

"I couldn't find you Dan" You admit, "I spoke to Louise and she didn't know where you or Hollie were either so I spoke to Hollie and she-"

You feel Dan let go of your hand and see him sit up.

"You thought I was in there with her didn't you" Dan frowns, looking quite angry.

Crap. You wish you kept your mouth shut.

"Well I didn't know where you were and I thought that-"

"You didn't think to ask Phil, who is across the hall from you?" Dan points out, standing up and beginning to pace around the room.

"Dan, please understand,  I just wanted to see why you left me alone without an explanation" You try explaining, becoming quite worked up.

"So you went to Hollie, the one who you despise for no apparent reason?!" Dan exclaims, continuing to walk around the room.

You look over to Phil, in search for help, but Phil looks just as on edge as you.

"Dan, you didn't hear the things she said to me!" You say, feeling your lips begin to quiver.

"She probably got annoyed with you for interrogating her!" Dan shouts.

"Dan don't shout please" Phil says, covering his fed up face with his hands .