Chapter 10

Today is the day. You're leaving London and flying all the way to America and you hope that you'll come back with something new - a relationship with Dan. After finally getting all of your things together, you fell asleep on the sofa and the last thing you remember is Dan kissing your forehead and going to his bedroom. With a smile on your face you fell asleep, excited for the weeks ahead.

"Morning sleepy chops!" Dan whispers closely to your ear as he tickles your sides.

You groan and throw your arms above you head to stretch and then open your eyes to see a smiling Dan in front of you.

"Morning" You grin.

"It's time to go to the airport missy" Dan says, pinching your cheeks.

You sit up and see Phil walk into the living room with a bed-head, his black-framed glasses and a list in his hand.

"I better get ready" You breath against Dan's neck.

"Your clothes are layed on our bed" Dan whispers.

You get up and then the realisation hits you that Dan said our  bed rather than my bed. Does this mean something? Was it simply a mistake or did you hear it wrong? Either way, you've been awake for less than 5 minutes and you are already blushing; Dan seems to have that effect on you. You find your black skinny jeans, white belly top and black leather jacket layed on the bed, ready for you to put on. After sliding on your jeans, throwing on your top, putting on some make-up and putting your hair into a side braid, you are ready to leave.

"Ready" You smile, walking out of the bedroom, to see Dan and Phil holding their bags.

Dan's eyes immediately light up and Phil notices the look Dan gives you so smirks, deviously at you both.

"Once Dan's finished checking you out, we can go" Phil states.

"I'm not 'checking her out' Phil" Dan says, frowning and walking past him.

Yikes, Dan didn't like being caught. Is that a bad thing? You leave the house and get in the car (provided by the production company) which drives you to the airport. Phil sits in the passenger seat and does a few vlogs whilst you and Dan sit in the back, with his arm around you.

"Hey guys, so we are nearly at the airport and in a few hours, we should be getting on our airplane, right guys?" Phil says, tilting the camera to face you and Dan.

"Indeed we are Phillip" Dan says, "See you soon America!"

Phil shuts off the camera and then you realise that Dan had his arm around you during the vlog. What will his viewers say? Will they notice? You begin biting down on your lip anxiously and then you see Dan look down at you and he also looks worried - but you know it's not about the vlog.

"Are you ok (y/n)?" Dan asks, rubbing your arm, gently with his thumb.

"Yeah, why?"

"You always bite your lip when you are worried as if you are over-thinking things" Dan says.

You could swear that Dan is psychic sometimes - he can read you so easily!

"It's just the idea of going on a plane for the first time I guess" You lie.

"Ah, don't worry, it really isn't that scary" Dan says, tucking a strand of hair behind you ear, "Besides, I'll be with you the whole time."

You have to admit, that does make you feel a lot safer. Shortly after, you arrive at the airport and begin the whole process of putting bags through machines and walking through metal detectors, that is all new to you. Eventually, you pass your boarding passes to the flight attendant and prepare yourself for the first flight of your life.

"Have a safe trip" the attendant smiles.

"Thanks" Dan replies, putting his arm around your shoulders.

Just as you go to walk through the exit, you hear someone screaming Dan's name. You and Dan quickly turn around and Dan lets go of you, looking a bit confused. Two brown-haired teenagers come running up to you and Dan with phones in their hands.

"Oh-my-god!" one of the girls exclaims, "Dan we love you so much!"

"Aww I love you too" Dan replies all smugly, making the girls squeal.

You know he doesn't mean it in an romantic way but you can't help but feel a wave of jealousy come over you. The girls take a few selfies with Dan and then wave to him as you both walk through the exit, to board the plane.

"Sorry about that" Dan apologises, scratching his head.

"It's fine" You say, briefly smiling.

"I know you hated every second of that"

"What do you mean?"

"(Y/n) I could practically smell the jealousy radiating off of you!" Dan chuckles.

"You're a nerd, Howell" You say, avoiding his comment and rolling your eyes.

You get on the plane and find your seats and just as Dan promised, he is sitting right next to you. Now for hours of sitting and talking about random things with Dan - pointlessly perfect!

A/N Ooooh Dan knows exactly how you feel! What do you want to happen on the flight? Any conversations you want me to include? Let me know if comment section below :) ~ Katie