Chapter 8

Phil clears the plates after a great dinner and funny conversations about past memories. Then, Dan begins to flick through a Delia Smith cook book.

"Whatcha doing Daniel?" You ask, curiously looking over his shoulder.

"Trying to find something to make for dessert" He mumbles, placing his index finger on a recipe and running it down the page.

"Oooh fancy red velvet cake then?" You ask, wiggling your eyebrows.

"Indeed!" He says, jumping up from the sofa and marching to the kitchen.

You follow him into the kitchen and watch him as he pulls random ingredients out, from the fridge.

You pull out the weighing scales and bowls and place them on the side as Dan wraps an apron around your torso and ties a bow at the back.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Yup"

"Right so we need to measure out some flour" Dan says picking up the bag and pouring it into a bowl, on the scales.

You grab a handful of flour and throw it at Dan making him drop the bag on the side and scrunch up his now flour-covered face. You laugh hysterically, holding your stomach as he wipes his eyes and blows a raspberry, trying to remove the flour from his chapped lips.

"Sorry not sorry" You smirk, turning back to the bowl.

Dan stands back next to you and picks up the bag again and just as he begins to pour it again he throws it up, hitting you in the face with a flour tornado.

"Hey!" You yell, wiping your face.

"Oh sorry" Dan says sarcastically, "Did you get some on your face?"

"Right" You say, glaring "You're in trouble Howell!"

You grab the bag of flour and throw it all over Dan's black jeans, making him laugh and snatch the flour off of you to tip it over your head.

You shield your face laughing in the shower of flour and push against his chest to make him stop. You rapidly run around the counter, making Dan chase you and continue tipping flour over you.

"Dan!" You squeal, attempting to reach for the bag.

Dan holds it above his head on his tiptoes and smiles as if to say "what are you going to do about it?"

Damn your significant height difference! Instead of trying to reach for the bag you shove into his side, making him drop the flour on himself.

You begin to laugh again as he grabs your waist and picks you up to place you over his shoulders, into a fireman carry.

"Put me down Dan!" You complain, hitting his back.

"No way" Dan chuckles, "You're gonna have to suffer the consequences"

"Oh yeah?" You say, sassily "Try me!"

Dan begins spinning around in circles making you laugh even harder and after realising that it's not effecting you, he places you down onto the counter.

"Jeez! If anything, I made myself lightheaded!" He says, holding his head.

"Karma" You state, poking your tongue out.

Dan's fingers reach out to you and he begins to draw whiskers in the flour, on your face.

"Perfect" Dan says, "Or should I say puurr-fect?"

"Oh shut up Dan" You laugh, poking his dimple.

"Guys what the hell happened?!" Phil exclaims, standing in the door frame.

You and Dan look over to Phil and begin to look around the winter wonderland of flour around you.

"Crap" Dan says.

You jump down from the counter and look down at the floor, shuffling your feet.

"As long as you two clean it up I won't be mad that you had a flour fight without me" Phil says, laughing and walking out of the room.

"Well, we've got some cleaning to do"  Dan scoffs, smirking at you.

~TIME SKIP~

After cleaning the kitchen (boy, flour gets everywhere!) you and Dan finish making the red velvet cupcakes, which actually turned out brown because Dan didn't put enough food colouring in the mix.

"Whose ready to try a brown velvet cupcake?" Dan calls out, making you and Phil run to the baking tray.

Phil and Dan take out a cupcake each and you let them take a bite before you risk any food poisoning. They both simultaneously moan as they chew the cake and Dan places his bitten cupcake in front of your mouth, allowing you to take a small bite out of it and enjoy the amazing chocolate flavour you have created.

"Delia Smith, you have never failed me yet!" Dan announces, taking another bite out of the cupcake.

"Nice job guys!" Phil says, nodding at you both in appreciation, "You both make a great team"

You turn to smile at Dan and he smiles back, winking. Phil is right - you do make a good team.

A/N Aww 🙈 That was pretty cute ngl! The next chapter is probably going to be a big time skip to the day you fly to America or the day before but I really hope I'm not boring you and you are enjoying this! If you have any suggestions to what happens when packing or at the airport let me know! :D ~ Katie