Chapter 4

After a comfortable night of cuddling up to Dan, you wake up and have a little yawn. Your head is thudding but you try to ignore it and look at the sleeping Dan in front of you. You can't help but smile at his natural, hobbit hair and at how peaceful he looks. Normally, people sleep with their mouth wide open and they drool and stuff but Dan sleeps perfectly, with his mouth closed and dimples showing.

Dan must have sensed you studying him as his eyes slowly open and a smile appears on his face.

"Morning you" He says, scrunching up his nose and booping yours.

"Morning" You giggle.

You look down at yours and Dan's still tangled legs and look back up to see you in each others arms. You could stay in this position forever.

"Sleep okay?" Dan asks.

"Yeah"

"Sure?"

"Yeah, I had you to cuddle" You smile.

"Glad I could comfort you" Dan winks, "Do you wanna get up yet?"

"Not really" You admit, "What's the time?"

Dan tilts his head. "8 o'clock"

"We've got some time to kill then" You whisper against his neck.

"Looks like we do"

Dan puts his forehead against yours again but notices you flinch and pulls back.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, fine" You lie.

Truthfully, your head feels like its been smacked in the head with a hammer multiple times.

"No you're not"

"I've got a bit of a headache" You admit.

Dan sighs and begins to untangle himself.

"What's wrong?" You ask, worriedly.

"Nothing, I'm just going to get you some more tablets" Dan replies, getting up revealing his slightly wrinkled clothing.

He walks out of the room as you turn onto your back and stretch. You never thought you'd say it but you've actually slept with Dan and it felt freaking amazing!

Dan paces back in with tablets and water in his hands. He crawls back onto the bed and hands passes them to you.

"Thanks"

You place the tablets in your mouth and sip the water and hand Dan back the glass. He places it on the bedside table and looks back at you.

"You know, you sleep so peacefully" He says with his eyes glistening.

"Studying my face were you?" You tease, taking his hand and placing it on your hip again, making him grin.

"Don't act like you weren't studying mine earlier on" he laughs, pulling you in closer.

Your face turns red as you watch him bite down on his bottom lip.

"You do that a lot you know" Dan smirks.

"What?"

"Blush"

You bow your head in embarrassment and he lifts your chin back up, delicately.

"Don't worry" he says, "I thinks its cute"

You giggle and place your hand on his chest and start fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"Morning you two!" Phil exclaims, running into the room, looking at the both of you cuddling.

You were about to pull away from Dan when he grabs your waist, keeping you pressed against him. This takes you by surprise as normally Dan would cover it up.

"Morning Phil"  Dan says.

"You two have a good night?"

"Yeah we did actually"

Well this was awkward. Dan's making it sound and look like you did a lot more, when all you did was cuddle.

"Are you two a thing now then?" Phil asks.

You look at Dan to see what he'll say.

"Phil, we are just really close friends and I'm comforting her because she's ill" Dan says seriously.

Ouch. Friendzoned again. You're still cuddling into Dan but you begin to feel less safe, which is weird.

"Mhmm whatever you say" Phil mumbles, walking out of the room.

Dan looks down at you so you quickly put on a fake smile. This time, Dan doesn't smile back. Instead, he removes his hand from your hip and gets up, leaving you alone on the bed.

Dan goes to his drawers and pulls out a grey shirt and takes off his black, wrinkled one, revealing his toned chest. You also notice him catch your glance in the mirror and hide his smirk. Is Dan okay? He puts on his grey shirt and walks out of the bedroom.

That was odd - what is he playing at?

~Time Skip~

Dan walks in with a plate in his hand whilst you are sitting on the bed, with your legs crossed, on your phone.

"Got you a little something~"

Dan hands you a plate of Benedict Cumberbatch toast, making you roll your eyes and laugh.

"You really are obsessed with that thing" You giggle, "But I'll probably only eat one slice - want the other one?"

"Don't mind if I do~" Dan sings enthusiastically, sitting down next you and grabbing a piece.

You take a few bites out of the toast and place the crusts back on the plate.

"Okay now?" Dan asks.

You lean in and kiss Dan's cheek and then lay your head on his shoulder.

"I am now"  You reply, "Thanks Dan"

Dan puts his arm around you and lays his head on yours.

"No problem at all"

A/N Aww 🙈 You and Dan are no longer feeling awkward around each other but Dan's mood keeps changing which is odd - what's going on?  Also, YAAAY YOU FINALLY KISSED HIM!! Well, on the cheek but at least you kissed him! Haha, I hope you are enjoying the chapters so far and remember that if you have any ideas it suggestions, let me know in the comments. Thanks again! ~ Katie