Chapter 12

After a long flight and a few chats with Dan about plans for America (which you had to grit your teeth through) you finally land, leave the airport and reach the hotel that you'll be staying in for the next 2 weeks. You walk to the counter in the lobby, with your suitcases and Phil pulls out the reservation papers.

"Hi there" Phil smiles, holding out the papers, "We have a reservation for 3"

The receptionist takes the papers, lowers her glasses to read the paper and nods. "Indeed you do" She says, handing the papers back to Phil, "We have 2 rooms booked for you so I am assuming that you, young lady, are with one of these gentlemen and the other gets a room to themselves?"

You furrow your eyebrows and look to Dan in confusion. You are? To be honest, you hadn't really thought about sleeping arrangements and in has only just occurred to you. Dan looks at Phil who is scratching his head.

"Um well we thought we'd have a room with different rooms in so we'd have our own beds" Phil says, flicking through the pages.

"Well our rooms only consist of double beds so either you gentlemen are sharing or one of you is with the pretty young lady" The receptionist tells Phil, lowering her glasses to her nose.

Dan bites his lip and look at you, "I'll share with her"

You feel yourself blush. There was no hesitation or questioning in Dan's voice - he actually wanted to share a room and a bed with you for 2 whole weeks!

"If that's okay?" Dan asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Of course" You smile, trying not to sound too excited.

"Well, that's that sorted then!" Phil nods, grinning.

"Very good" The receptionist remarks, handing Dan and Phil each a set of keys.

"Thank you very much" Phil says, walking out of the lobby, dragging his suitcase behind him.

You and Dan follow him up the stairs and the whole way to your room you both keep looking, grinning and teasing each other. Eventually, you make it up the stairs and Dan even points out the perfect corridor to have an existential crisis in - typical! Phil's waves to you guys and goes into the room across from yours and Dan's. Then, you and Dan run into your own room, drop your cases and dive onto your double bed with silky, red covers.

"Ugh let the jet lag kick in!" Dan exclaims, spreading himself across the bed.

"Think I felt it the minute I got off the plane!" You complain, holding your head.

"It's the worst"

You and Dan simultaneously sigh and look at each other and burst into laughter.

"Well that was weird!" You giggle, running your fingers through his fluffy, brown fringe.

"Ugh we have to unpack" Dan moans, going to get up. You grab the hem of shirt and pull him back onto the bed.

"Can we do that later?" You whisper, running your fingers slowly up his side.

"Fine~"

Dan kicks off his shoes and lifts up the silky covers to lay them over the top of you both. He snuggles back down into the mattress and places his hand on your hip, closing his eyes.

"How long until this wears off?"

Dan eyes rapidly open and his eyebrows furrow, "Until what wears off?"

"The jet lag"

"Ooooh~" Dan says, "Not very long, just a night or so - sleep normally gets rid of it!"

"Okay" You smile, closing your eyes and embracing his warm musk.

Why did he look so confused and worried then? What did he think you were talking about? You fiddle with the hem of his black shirt and lay your head into the crook of his neck.

"You like that don't you?" Dan breathes against your neck.

"Like what?" You question, smiling against his collar bone.

"Playing with my shirt"

"Yeah, it soothes me"

"Really? So what if I was to take it off?" Dan says with a devilish tone in his voice.

"Then I'd have nothing to soothe me" You say, grinning at his suggestion.

"I'm sure we'd find something else to soothe you" Dan whispers against your cheek, his breath hitching.

"Are you entranced in a fanfic fantasy there Daniel?" You laugh.

"Maybe" Dan says, brushing his lip slightly across your neck.

"Night Dan~" You say, bowing your head to his chest.

"Night"

You eventually dose off, with a smile on your face because of how Dan was quickly becoming quite aroused by your actions. Was he teasing you again or was that for real? You choose to not get yourself worked up by the enigma that is continuously brought to your mind and enjoy the moment while it lasts. Not to mention, you get to do this for the next 2 weeks ... and hopefully from then on after too!

A/N YAY YOU ARE IN A AMERICA AT LAST! Things are getting a little tense between you and Dan but it's only gonna get better :D Mwahaha! Hope you are enjoying this and if you have any suggestions please let me know in the comments below! Thanks! ~ Katie