Chapter 13

Eventually, the jet lag begins to wear off and Dan releases you so that you can go and have a shower and freshen up. After procrastinating in the shower and blow-drying your hair, you put on a black crop top and matching skinny jeans, along with some white converse.  You clean the bathroom up and then pick up your towel, as you leave the bathroom. You walk over to the bed and place your towel down and see Dan on the floor, unpacking his dark clothing.

"You getting things all tidy?" You ask, smiling.

"Indeed" Dan says, grinning as he looks up at you, "You know how I am with symmetry and organisation"

You giggle and sit down next to him, crossing your legs, and leaning onto his shoulder, as he continues to fold his clothes and put them in a drawer.

"So you managed to fight off jet lag yet?" Dan asks.

"I think so" You reply, running your fingers through his brown, fluffy fringe.

"Good" Dan smirks.

As Dan starts putting his clothes into piles, you begin styling his hair and giggling at every position you manage to get his hair into.

"Having fun there?"" Dan chuckles.

"I like fiddling with things" You reply, running your hand through his hair, making him scrunch up his nose.

"I can see that!" Dan says, pushing his fringe back.

You lay back on his shoulder but you get the urge to fiddle with the soft layers of his fringe once again so you do so.

"Stooop~" Dan moans, closing his eyes.

"But it's fun!" You tell him, now running both hands through his thick hair.

With that Dan slams his case, making you jump and pounces onto you, pinning your arms against the floor.

"You, madam, need to do as you're told" Dan whispers closely to you ear.

"And what if I don't?" You breath against Dan's neck.

"You'll find out" Dan winks.

Before you can respond you and Dan hear the creaking of the door and turn your heads simultaneously to see Phil at the door with his mouth wide open. From Phil's perspective it probably looks really bad. Why is it that he always interrupts these moments?

Dan quickly leaps off of you and stands up with his hands in the air, as if he is surrendering. This always seems to happen too: Dan acts like he didn't mean for anything to happen. Does he regret it? Is he trying to cover it up or was he just lost in the moment?

"Nothing happened Phil!" Dan tells him, gritting his teeth.

Phil shields his eyes and as he closes the door behind him and says "Meet you downstairs for breakfast".

Dan drops his hands to his sides and sighs deeply. He turns to you and sees the hurt in your eyes but you cover it up like you always do - with a smile.

"Sorry" He says, holding out his hand to pull you up.

You grasp his palm and get to your feet.

"For what?" You ask, anxiously.

Dan sighs again and shakes his head.

"Doesn't matter"

You have another few moments of silence when Dan eventually says, "Should we go and get some breakfast then?"

"Yeah" You reply, grabbing onto his hand once again.

Dan smirks and looks deeply into your eyes with his heavenly brown ones, giving you butterflies. He leans in closer to you and briefly pecks you on the cheek ever so delicately. You squeeze his hand and bites his lip as he eyes you up and down.