Chapter 16

You walk past some of the parks around the city and reach some shops. You look up to Dan who is practically drooling just by looking at the coffee shop across the road. He looks down at you with pleading eyes and you roll your eyes and just giggle.

"Fine" You say, answering the question on his mind without it even escaping his lips.

Dan grins and crosses the road with his arm firmly around you, heading towards the coffee shop. He lets go of you momentarily to open the door, letting you walk in a smell the aroma of coffee. Dan walks in after you and places his hand gently on your lower back, sending a shiver up your spine.

"What do you want?" Dan asks, softly.

"Surprise me" You wink, watching him gracefully bite down on his lip.

"Go find us a table then" Dan says, rubbing your back gently.

"Okay" You reply, leaning into him and kissing him on cheek.

You watch Dan smile and walk over to a booth in the corner of shop. You look at Dan as he awkwardly shuffles in the queue and orders at the till, messing up the order as always - you can't help but laugh. Then, with two coffee cups to hand, he walks over to your booth and sits across from you, handing you your drink.

"Thanks Daniel!"

You pick up the cup slowly and place you lips to it, tasting the rush of hot chocolate, cream and marshmallows enter your mouth - your favourite! You gasp and place your cup on the table.

"That is so good!" You exclaim.

You notice Dan going red in the face and trying to hold a laugh back.

"What?" You ask, anxiously.

Dan leans across the table and places his finger on your nose. He pulls it back, revealing whipped cream on the tip of his finger.

"You're such a messy pup (y/n)!" Dan laughs.

You blush in embarrassment but Dan just leans in again and cups your face.

"You need to stop doing that!" Dan laughs.

"What?" You quickly say, worried that he has noticed that he is the one making you blush all the time.

"Taking what I say so seriously! Do you know me? I'm basically the most sarcastic human alive!"

You laugh and place your hands against Dan's.

"I know and that's why you're the most specialist human I know!"

Dan smiles, and slowly pulls his hands from your face to pick up his own cup. You continue to drink yours and notice Dan's rather angry facial expression appearing on his face as he scrolls through his phone. He turns off his screen and slams his phone against the table.

"Hey, what's up?" You ask, worriedly.

Dan moves his phone to his coat pocket and holds his hand out in front of you.

"Give me your phone"

"My phone?"

"Yeah, please, don't even look at it, just hand it to me."

You reach into your jean pocket for your phone and place it Dan's hand. He closes his hand, pulls it back and also places it in his coat pocket.

"What's going on?" You ask, feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Some people are just idiots and you don't deserve to be dealing with them"

"But Dan I don't under-"