Chapter 17

Landing on the bed, you quickly sit up and watch Dan go bright red and pull his phone out from his pocket. He looks at the screen, rolls his eyes into the back of his head and place his phone to his ear.

"What do you want Phil?" Dan sighs.

You watch Dan's face become quite serious and he just keeps nodding and humming along with the phone call.

"Right okay, I'll be right over" Dan says, "Bye"

He hangs up and throws his phone onto the bed. He then sighs again, but harder this time, and puts his hands against the back  of his head.

"What's happened?" You finally say.

"The production company have decided that we need to do some promo whilst we're out here" Dan tells you, "So that means meet and greets, signing etc."

"Oh"

"Yeah, Phil tried to convince them otherwise but they weren't having any of it so I have to go over to Phil's room and start arranging things"

You look down at the floor, feeling your eyes well up. This holiday was supposed to be special. You hoped that you could just spend every second with Dan whilst you were here but now, you're probably not going to be seeing him much.

Dan walks over to bed and sits next to you, placing his arm around you.

"I'm truly sorry but there is nothing I can do" Dan softly tells you.

"I know Dan" You mumble, "It's fine, it doesn't matter"

Dan exhales and gets up, walking to the bathroom and picking up his bag on the way in. You fall back onto the bed and just stare at the ceiling. You understand that Dan has a career and that's important but it just seems to get in the way of things. You continue to just lay on the bed but you can feel buzzing coming from the sheets, which is disturbing your thought process. You sit up and reach for the phone, thinking that it's Phil calling again but you look to the screen and see thousands of twitter notifications flooding Dan's phone.

"Has Dan seriously taken that ugly, two-faced cow with him to America? Lol she probably thinks she's famous!"

"She's going to get in the way of Phan! She better not think she's going to get any closer to Dan than she is now!"

"SHE NEEDS TO GET HER HANDS OFF DAN!"

"Go die with your Dad"

You drop the phone from your hands in shock and feel tears run down your face. How could people be so cruel? What have you ever done so wrong to deserve any of this? How do they know about your Dad? You get up from the bed and run to the front door, slipping on your shoes quickly. You then open the door and begin to storm down the hallway, when you bump into a tall, pale figure.

"(y/n)?" Phil asks, looking down at your tearful face, "Oh my god, what happened?"

You sniff and look up at Phil, who looks very confused and anxious.

"Have you seen what people are saying about me Phil?" You choke.

Phil sighs and places his hands on your shoulders, "So you saw then"

You nod and wipe you nose with your right sleeve of your black jacket.

"Ignore it (y/n), honestly their opinions are false - if they knew you they'd know that you're not actually like that and the things they are assuming about you are disgusting!" Phil tells you.

"But it's my fault" You sob.

"How is it your fault?" Phil asks, puzzled, "You've done nothing wrong!"

"Dan told me not to look at them and I did but it was a mistake, I swear!"

Phil soothes you by slowly rubbing your back with his hand.

"Dan tries too hard to protect you but he does it because he cares about you" Phil replies, "He must know how hurt you would be if you saw them and you were"

You wipe away a few tears and look back up to Phil.

"I know, I'm just so worthless and he just doesn't see that"

Phil furrows his eyebrows and tilts his head, to look at you.

"You're not worthless (y/n)" Phil says soothingly, "You're anything but! If you were, do you really think Dan would care so much? He adores you and seeing you hurt destroys him!"

"If he cares so much, why doesn't he see that I like him?" You blurt out,

Phil's eyes light up and his mouth drops. Crap. You just told Phil that you like Dan. He was going to fine out sooner or later but you didn't think it would just come out like it did!

"Do you like like him?"

You nod slowly and sniff again.

"I knew it!" Phil exclaims.

"Phil, please keep it quiet!" You whisper harshly.

"Sorry" Phil whispers back, "You need to tell him soon though!"

"Why?"

"You guys have been holding back your feelings for each other for too long" Phil laughs.

"Dan doesn't like me back though" You mumble.

Phil scoffs and replies "Are you kidding me? He may not have said it out loud but I can just tell from the way he looks at you that he does!"

You blush and smile at how even Phil notices the grin and the glistening eyes that show when Dan looks at you.

"I don't know Phil" You sigh, "Maybe in good time but please don't say anything until then!"

"You have my word!" Phil smiles.

You hear the door to your room open and you and Phil quickly pull apart from each other, to look at the door frame. Dan in a Yeezus shirt and black skinny jeans walks out and looks at you both.

"Oh there you are!" Dan says, walking towards you both, "What are you doing out here?"

You shuffle your feet and quickly think of a good enough excuse but luckily, Phil pipes up a response.

"Oh I wondered where you were so I came and knocked and (y/n) told me you were getting ready, so we decided to discuss a bit of an anime we watched a few weeks ago, to kill time" Phil lies, sounding very convincing.

"Oh fair enough" Dan chuckles, "So shall we get cracking?"

"Sure" Phil nods.

"I'll get going" You mumble.

"Bye" Phil waves, opening the door to his room.

"Bye" Dan winks, walking in.

You quickly wave and close your door and look at the room around you. Dan's suit is layed across the silky sheets of the bed and the smell of Dan's aftershave is wafting around the room. You walk over the bed, pick up his phone and put it into the bedside draw, closing it so that you can't see it. You think about what just happened - Phil knows. You have a sense of relief that you have finally gotten it off of your chest but still feel slightly anxious due to the fact that Phil is a lot more clumsier than you and could easily blurt it out to Dan. What a disaster that would be! Now, it's time for hours of twiddling with your thumbs in a hotel room - alone. Fun.

A/N PHIL KNOWS! Someone suggested that Phil and you have moment in it so I thought, why not! Also, Dan's career is about to begin to take off even more - how will you cope? What do you want to happen? Comment below and don't forget to vote if you are enjoying it :) Thanks ~ Katie