32.

| dylan |

"I'll be right back" I smile, kissing his lips.

"I'll be here" He says, and I continue my walk to the bathroom. I pick up the short that was laying on the floor, recognizing it as the one he wore this morning. I throw it on and clean my face of my makeup walking out to the room. 

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion when I see Austin's bed empty "Austin?" I call, walking out into the living room. I continue walking until I find him in the kitchen, and I breath out in relief "There you are" I smile, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Don't touch me" He grits, and I pull away from him, a look of confusion on my face.

"Austin, what's going on?" I ask him, and he chuckle darkly.

"Nothing" He shrugs, turning around to face me, a smirk on his face, hands behind his back.

"Then why won't you let me touch you" I frown.

"Because I don't want you to touch me" He growls. 

"You haven't ever seemed to have a problem with it before" I scoff, crossing my arms over my chest "Especially not even an hour ago" 

"Fuck you" He grits.

"You already did!" I yell, a gasp leaving my mouth as he moves his hands from his back "Austin-"

"Shut up!" He grits, twisting the knife in his hands.

"Please, don't hurt me" I cry.

"I love when they beg to not be hurt" He chuckles "But it never works" He looks up at me, taking a step closer. 

"You don't want to hurt me" I shake my head "I know you don't" 

"But you see, I might" He shrugs.

"Why? You love me" I whisper and he laughs.

"What even is love?" He asks rhetorically, and within a second he has me shoved against the wall, knife pressed against my neck.

"Austin please" I sob "Please don't, you can't do this" I cup his face in my hands "I love you, please don't hurt me" I cry, thumb rubbing back and forth on his cheek. He seems to snap out of whatever daze he was in, a look of regret taking over his face.

"Dylan, I'm so sorry" He gasps, knife dropping to the floor "I didn't mean it"

"It was you" I whisper "All those women who died, it was because of you" I whisper, my eyes widening.

"Dylan, I need you to listen to me. I didn't mean it" He takes my hands in his, too tight for me to take them out of his grip "I'm a fucked up guy, and you make me feel like I'm normal. Please don't leave me" He pleads.

"Don't leave you? You just tried to kill me!" I scream.

"Baby please, I didn't mean it" He cries, tears streaming down his face "Don't leave me, I need you" 

"I need to leave" I say, running off to his room to get my clothes.

"Dylan don't leave me" He follows me around his apartment "I love you, please"

"I won't tell anyone" I say, grabbing my heels "Just please, leave me alone" I walk out of his apartment and to mine, slamming the door behind me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Mikey asks when I walk into the apartment.

"No" I shake my head, and he wraps his arm around my shoulders "We're not together anymore" 

"Oh, I'm sorry Sis" He rubs my back.

"It's alright, I just need to sleep" 

"I recorded the news, I know how you always watch it" He smiles "Goodnight Dylan" 

"Goodnight Michael" I say, walking to my room. I decide to not let the use of the DVR go to waste and I open it, clicking on the news. I watch it, and when the topics of the killings come up, I find myself sitting up straight to listen.

"So as we all know, many lives of women around the Miami area have been lost, but we we have some great news. Though our hearts go out to all the family who has lost a loved one, we are happy to say that no one has to lose anyone to this person again, he has gone away and finally ladies and gentleman, sunlight has peeked out of the cloud of tragedy that once took place in our city" 

I feel the tears coming back all over again at the fact that Austin is responsible for all those women. Those times he'd leave early in the morning, he didn't go to get his mail.  Every time he told me I'd be safe it was because he wouldn't kill me. But tonight, I don't know what came over him, but I've never been so afraid in my life. 

I know I should tell someone, but I can't. I know he should go away, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was the reason he went to prison. Despite what happened nearly an hour ago, I still love him more than life and I can't betray him like that. 

I look at the time, and frown when it's nearly 2 in the morning. I have work tomorrow at 8 in the morning. I lay down, and hope to get some sleep, but it never comes. I lay awake all night until my alarm goes off and I climb out of bed and throw on clothes for work. 

I walk out of my apartment, and to the elevator, a sick feeling in my stomach hitting me when I see Austin walking out.

"Dylan-"

"Please stop" I cut him off "I don't want to talk to you" 

"I'm sorry" He frowns "Please forgive me" 

"I can't do that" I shake my head "I love you, I really do and because of that I won't tell anyone. But I can't forgive you" I shake my head "But promise me something" I start and he nods "Don't do it again"

"I won't, I promise" He nods.

"Goodbye Austin" I press a lingering kiss on his cheek.

"I'll always love you" He whispers once I pull away. 

"And I'll always love you" I nod, walking into the elevator. 

{}{}{}

Woah woah woah! 

Holy fuck dude what did I do?!?!

I hope you loved this chapter, 

I love you all,

Bad_Boy_Hemmo