26.

| dylan |

"What are you doing here?"

"I just came to talk to you" Danny says.

"Well I don't want to talk" I shrug "I figured me ignoring you would give you the hint but I guess you're just oblivious"

"I just want to know what happened between us? We were doing so well" He sighs.

"Why'd you decide to come here after 5 months?" I laugh "We were doing awful, all you did was talk about yourself. You don't know anything about me"

"I know lots about you"

"When's my birthday? How old am I? What's my favorite drink? What's my favorite food? I know yours, March 15th, you're 24 now considering March just passed, your favorite drink is Bud Light, and your favorite food is nachos" I list off "Your turn"

"Uhm, uh, those are all good questions" He chuckles nervously "But your favorite drink is water"

"My birthday is May 16th, I'm 19, my favorite drink is not water, it's root beer, and my favorite food is pizza, goodbye" I walk past him, opening the door "You can leave now"

"What changed?"

"Nothing did, I just put up with your shittiness, now leave" I shrug, and with a loud huff he stomped out of the door. I look at the clock above my TV, it only being 6:30, so nothing was good on TV. I walk to my brothers room, and open the door seeing he's playing video games. I lay down on the bed beside him, watching the screen.

"Hey Bitch" He chuckles.

"That's mean" I pout, making him laugh.

"Who was that guy that was here? I doubt he was an inspector but I let him in anyways"

"He said he was an inspector but he was wearing jeans and a t-shirt"

"The pretty ones are never smart" He chuckles.

"That true. But he was a fling before I dated Austin" I shrug "I'm stealing a pair of sweatpants" I mumble, walking to his drawers and pulling out a pair of grey sweatpants with his schools logo on them. I walk out of his room, and change into them, sliding my phone into the pockets. I toss my jeans into the dirty clothes basket in my room, walking back to Mikey's room.

Just as I'm about to ask to play, my phone rings, and I pick it up not even bother to read the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Dylan?" The person asks.

"This is" I nod, though they can't see me.

"Okay, well this is Dr. Taylor from Sunset Hospital, we have an Austin Mahone here that's been asking for you" He says, and my stomach drops.

"Oh my god, is he okay?" I ask, Mikey's head snapping to mine.

"I'm afraid that's not something I can share over the phone" He says.

"Alright, I'll be there in ten minutes" I say, hanging up the phone.

"What's going on?" Mikey asks.

"I have to go see Austin, you stay here, I'll leave money for you just in case I'm not back, but be safe and don't leave without calling me" I say frantically, running out of the room. I slide on a pair of shoes, running to the elevator and sliding through the doors before they clothes, the people in the elevator looking at me like I'm crazy.

Once we get to the ground floor, I run out to my car, speeding off to the hospital. Once I park, I run in, catching myself on the front desk, breathing heavily.