14.

I'm sorry I haven't updated but I've been worried about my Grandmother because she just had a liver transplant, so you know, I'm worried...

| dylan |

I had realized once I had some alcohol in my system, and a mind full of boredom that I had yet to use to pool in my apartment complex. I had looked at the time, seeing it was 12:30 in the morning, a sober mind would think I should go to bed instead and just go to sleep. But of course I'm not sober nor am I tired so I decided to go anyways. I grab a towel from my closet, and take the elevator down to the pool area, smiling when I see it's empty.

I had no clue why I'd think it'd have people in it, I mean it is past midnight. I toss my towels onto one of the chairs, and peel off my clothes. I dip my foot into the water checking the temperature, and jump in. I tie my wet hair into a bun and lean against the wall of the pool. 

I sigh quietly at how lonely I've been this past week. Austin's been ignoring me still, and it only makes me feel more awful about what I've done. I wish that I had never agreed to go out with Danny, because anyone can tell I'm into Austin. The door to the pool opens and I roll my eyes at the fact someone had interrupted my alone time.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing" I shrug still not turning around.

"Well I asked first so, you have to answer first"

"I wanted to have fun" I shrug again, and I hear a zipper before there's a thud against the ground  and before I know it Austin's in the pool next to me.

"So being alone in a pool is fun?"

"Yes, now why are you here?" I sigh.

"Well you see, I saw you leave your apartment, and figured you were going here so I wanted to join in" 

"How'd you know I was going here? I could have been going to the store" I roll my eyes and he laughs.

"We both know you are too scared to leave this building" He laughs, and I fold my arms over my chest, a deep frown on my face at the fact that he's basically making fun of me.

"If you're just here to make fun of me I'm leaving" I go to get out but he grabs me by my waist and pulls me back into his chest. 

"Don't leave" He whispers.

"I thought you were mad at me" I pull his arms off my waist and take a couple steps back.

"I was..." He trails off "But I'm not anymore" He shakes his head "I was lonely and I missed you" He takes a few steps closer to me, his hands on my hips "Why'd you do it? What made you sleep with him? I don't get it" 

"I don't know" I shrug "I wish that I hadn't done it" 

"Me too" He sighs, putting his head on my shoulder "Did you miss me?" He asks, kissing the skin of my shoulder.

"Yes" I answer hesitantly, and I can feel him smile.

"Good" He takes his head out of my neck "I want to kiss you, but I'm scared of what might happen after..." He trails off with a small frown. I wrap my legs around his waist, both of my hands on his shoulders for support.

"You'll never know unless you try" I whisper.

"But from past experiences, nothing good has happened after" 

"But you'll never know unless you try" I run my fingers through his hair. 

He looks at if he's having an inner battle with himself before he groans and connects his lips to mine. The kiss is sloppy, our lips move together at a quick pace. He slides his tongue into my mouth, and presses me up against the wall of the pool. I know that if I don't stop it now, something more might happen, and I'm not sure if I want it to. 

I pull away from the kiss, and peck his lips gently, unwrapping my legs from his waist. I bite my lip shyly, and he takes a step back rubbing the back of his neck "I'm uh, going to go back up to my apartment..." I trail off quietly "You can come if you'd like, you know after you change" I add, and he nods.

"Okay" 

I get out of the pool, and wrap my towel around my body, and carrying my clothes back up to my apartment. When I get inside my apartment, I get right into the shower. I think over how I nearly let Austin has sex with me in the pool, because we all know that's where it was headed.

I conclude it was just my drunken state by the end of my shower. When I step out of the shower, I wrap a clean towel around my body and walk out into my room. I change into a pair of shorts and a large button up shirt not even bothering to put a bra on because I'm just going to sleep anyways. I lay down in my bed, just as Austin walks into my room.

"Hi" He smiles small.

"Hi" I nod back, lifting up my blankets and motioning for him to come lay down. He slowly walks over, and gets into my bed as if I'm going to change my mind. When he lays down I turn on my side to face him and he does the same.

"You smell nice" He says out of the blue, and I laugh quietly.

"Thanks, it's a wonder what shower gel does" I tease, and he rolls his eyes playfully at me. I lay my hand between us, hoping he gets the hint to take it, but it seems like it never came. We just sat facing each other and talking about nothing.

"I think I want a pet" I bite my lip.

"Okay what kind?" He asks, finally reaching up to lace his fingers through mine. I look at our hands and blush deeply, grateful that it's dark in my room so he can't see.

"I think a cat" 

"Hmm, seems reasonable, we can go and look for one tomorrow?" He states as more of a question.

"Um I don't know..." I trail off and he sighs quietly.

"You'll be safe with me, I promise" He kisses the back of my hand "I won't let anyone hurt you"

"Okay" I nod, giving into him "We can go out tomorrow" 

"Alright" He smiles, he leans over to me to peck my lips quickly "I really did miss you" He sighs.

"I missed you too, and I'm really sorry. I'm known for messing things up" 

"It's alright, it's all behind us" He smiles warmly.

We spend the rest of the night talking to each other until I had eventually fallen asleep in his arms.

{}{}{}

This took me longer than expected to write, but oh well it's still here.

I love you all

Bad_Boy_Hemmo