Prologue

A/N: Most of this story will be in Austin's POV but the Prologue isn't :)

Posted: 10.16.15
Edited: N/A

Song: Leaving Tonight by The Neighborhood
"All alone, All we know. It's haunting me, making it harder to breathe, harder to breathe...I'm leaving tonight, I'm leaving tonight, I'll be gone in the morning"

| dylan |

"What are you doing?" My younger brother whisper yells as he walks into my room.

"None of your business" I whisper back, continuing to pack my bag. 

"Where are you going?"

"Don't worry about it" I push past him, leaving my room and walking down my steps.

"Mia-" He starts to yell but I smack my hand over his mouth, ripping my plane ticket out of his hands.

"Shut the hell up!" I lowly growl. I let go of him, and he scowls, pulling out his phone and typing something into it. The screen illuminates his face in the dark room as he concentrates on his phone.

"Here" He hands me his phone, a video beginning to play.

"Once again, another person was killed. Now investigators say it was the Razor Killer considering the signature at the scene of the crime. We are advises all citizens to stay indoors, unless absolutely necessary. Lock up as tight as possible and please, be smart and safe. That's all from me today, back to you Kelly."

"Thank you Mark.."

I hand him back his phone, not wanting to hear anymore of that shit.

"Dylan, I don't want you to get hurt" 

"I'm 19 years old, I'm a big girl" 

"Do you even know who that guy is? In case you weren't listening there's literally a serial killer in Miami!" He exasperates.

"Michael, I'll be fine. I just... I can't stay here" I sigh, sitting down on the couch, my bag dropping to my feet "I'm drowning, everything that's happened here haunts me, everything I've done and it's like I can't even breathe" I sniff, tears filling my eyes.

"But Dad's forgiven you" He sits down beside me, rubbing my back.

"He says that but no he hasn't! He looks at me like he doesn't even know me! Mikey, I have to do this for me. I have to go, I'll be out of the state by morning and everything will be okay" I wipe my tears standing up off the couch "Please, don't tell Dad" I whisper pleadingly.

"I won't" He nods, I pull him into a hug, his tears wetting my shirt "I'll miss you" 

"I'll miss you too bud. I love you" I whisper, something I've never said to him before.

"I love you too Dylan" He pulls away, wiping his tears with his shirt. I pick up my bag, throwing it over my shoulder.

"I'll see you around buddy" I walk away, pulling my phone out of my back pocket. I sit it on the kitchen table, walking out of my house. 

I walk down to the bus stop, waiting for the bus. It pulls up beside me "You going to the airport?" The bus driver asks, and I nod. I walk onto the bus, all the seats empty but one. I sit four seats from the door, it's not too close but not too far. 

As he drives, I look at the window, seeing the place I grew up in go by in a blur. All I can think about it how I'm never going to see this place again. 

"So why are you leaving the city?" The old man two seats in front of me asks.

"Just wanted a change" I shrug, my tone giving away my desire to not have this conversation. He turns back around, and soon we pull up to the airport. I get out walking in, seeing floods of people. Some laughing with family, some reunited with loved ones, some crying, it's just a mass of emotions. 

I walk up to the desk "Hi how may I help you?"

"Hi, I'm flight 64F to Miami" 

"Oh, that's leaving in about a half an hour, so just go through all the security check then you an board the plane" She smiles.

"Thank you" 

I go through all of Security, and walk through to my plane. I find my seat just in time as the plane door closes "Welcome, this is your Captain speaking, I'd advise you to please fasten your seat belts, we are preparing for take off and we'll be reaching Miami, Florida is approximately 3 hours" 

I lean my head against the window, listening to the screaming of the plane, as I slowly drift off to sleep.

___

"Attention Passengers! We have successfully landed in Miami" I stretch out my arms and legs, a groan leaving my mouth. I quickly get my bag and get off the plane, going through all the normal precautions. I check the time on the clock in the airport, '2:45' in blight red numbers in printed. i look around seeing a Verizon in the airport. I do need a new phone. I walk over to the Verizon, my long hair being put into a ponytail.

"Hi, you need something?" 

"Yes, I need a new phone" 

"Okay do you already have a plan with us?" The lady asks.

"No"

"Okay, well it's not a long process, we just need you to fill out the paper work, and we have a promotion going so no payments will be made for 3 months" She smiles. She walks to the back as I look through the phones, even though I already know which one I want.

"Here you go?" She hands me the papers and a pen "I'm guessing you wanted this one, I saw you staring at it" She smile, handing me a box, labeled 'iPhone 6S'

"It's the silver one?" I ask and she nods. I smile brightly, quickly filling out the paper work. I hand it back to her and she gives me my account number before sending me on my way.

I get into a cab, telling him the address of the apartment complex in Miami. I had talked to the realtor prior to my move, and she said I could have it, so of course I bought it. It's quite a luxurious place, having costed me a lot of money. 

The taxi driver pulls up to my apartment complex, and I pay him getting out. He drives off as I'm still standing in awe of the building. It looks better than it did online.

I walk in, getting into the elevator, hitting floor 11. I get off the elevator, walking to my apartment. The small white letters printed on the wall read '11D' and I smile as this is my home. I look under the mat, finding the keys just like the realtor said. 

I walk in, my jaw dropping at how beautiful this entire place is. I decide to continue my awe in the morning, seeing as I need a shower and a lot of sleep. I get into the shower, washing my hair and body, I get out, thankful that I no longer smell like airport. I lay down in my bed, a loud sigh escaping my lips.

This is for the best. Everything will be okay.

{}

Hi! 

I hope you liked this, it's way longer than I expected but oh well! 

I love you guys

Bad_Boy_Hemmo