28.

| dylan |

I run down the halls of the hospital, a sick feeling in my stomach. The feeling only intensifies every stride I take away from his room. Once I get out of the hospital, the warm air hits my face as I lean against the wall, quiet sobs leaving my mouth.

He said everything I had wanted him to, and because of that I don't know why I'm crying. As people pass by me, they look at me like I'm crazy, which is slightly disappointing because we're at a hospital. 

"Dylan" Someone says, and I look up to meet eyes with Rebecca. 

"Please, please don't" I shake my head "I don't need anyone to tell me I'm overreacting, or to go back and fix it because I don't have the will or the fucking heart to do it anymore" I cry "I need to go" I walk past her, finding my car. 

I get into the drivers seat, and drive home, my tears thankfully stopping on the way there. When I get to the apartment building I breathe out in relief seeing that my brother is at the mailbox.

I could really use his comfort.

"Dylan, what happened?" He gasps, and my lip quivers "Oh no, don't cry" He coos, wrapping his arms around me. It times like this that I'm thankful he's taller than me.

"I don't know what to do" I sigh.

"Come on, we can go upstairs and talk about it" He leads me to the elevator. When we reach my apartment the two of us walk inside, Mikey telling me to go sit on the couch "Here" He hands me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you" I nod, taking a sip.

"Now tell me what happened?" 

"I should probably start by saying he's in the hospital" I sigh, and Michael's eyes widen "And that's why he never came back, or called me, but when I was angry he basically threw it in my face that I was a prostitute so I left... well sort of, I sat in my car at the hospital" I frown. 

"But I got a call from his mom and she told me to come back to his room because she didn't want him left alone, so I agreed" I shrug "And he apologized for everything, and said that he was in love with me and I freaked out and ran away"

"Dylan, isn't that what you wanted to hear?" 

"Yes, and that's why I'm so confused" I groan in frustration, running a hand over my face.

"I think you need to sleep, it's really late and I'm sure you have work in the morning" He stands up, he gives me a quick hug before walking off to his room. I sit on the couch for I don't know how long before finally getting up and walking to my room. I lay down in my bed, falling asleep within minutes. 

***

"Move that over there" Nikki tells me, pointing to a box of hair dye. I roll my eyes as she sits back watching me do all the dirty work.

"Hey Dylan, there's someone here for you" Kendra peeks her head through the door before walking away.

"Your turn" I smirk, sitting the box of hair dye on Nikki's lap as she scoffs. I walk out of the back room, and towards the front, my heart thumping at who's in front of me.

"You're out" Is the only thing I can think to say as Austin stands in front of me, a bundle of roses in his hand a small smile on his face.

"Really?" He chuckles "That's it" 

"I'm a little overwhelmed" I shrug, a smile finding it's way onto my face "I'm not sure what to do" 

"Well for starters, you can accept my flowers" He hands them to me, and I smile looking down at them.

"Thank you" 

"It's no problem" He shrugs "And now, you can come and hug me properly" He opens his arms, and without hesitation I walk into them, wrapping my arms around his torso "Never know I'd missing hugging you before they were shitty in a hospital bed" He chuckles, I tilt my chin up to kiss his lips gently "Those are nice too" He winks.

"I'd hope so" I grin, and he leans down for a quick peck "But unfortunately I have to get back to w-"

"No, take the rest of the day off. You always work so hard here, you deserve it" Kendra smiles.

"Thank you" I smile, picking up the roses.

"Come along now" Austin chuckles, grabbing my hand, he leads me to his car but I stand on the curb a small frown "What?" 

"My car"

"I'll take you back to get your car later" He says, walking over to me. Since I'm on the curb it gives me a few inches so now I'm the one that has to lean down to press a kiss to his lips.

"Fine" I sigh.

"Don't be so sad, we're going to have fun" 

{}{}{}

This chapter is really short, but I'm really tired.

I love you all, 

Bad_Boy_Hemmo