"Well, that was a rush of embarrassment." I laughed.

"Oh, just carry on. It's good enough for Lady Di." Jackie rolled her eyes.

"I thought he'd be taller." Rose commented.

"To be my lawful wedded wife, to love and behold till death us do part." The registrar continued.

We left before they could get to the exit, and headed back to the Tardis.

"They were both in love, that's for sure. Your dad was embarrassed the whole time, and your mum was just outright annoyed. It was quite amusing to feel both of the emotions grow steadily through the whole process." I giggled, and Rose laughed.

We got back to the Tardis and the Doctor started to punch in the new date.

"November the 7th?" The Doctor clarified.

"1987." Rose nodded.

He pulled the lever and the time rotor started up and we took off for the day of Peter Tyler's death.

The Tardis parked herselfbetween a telephone junction box and a road sign, by park railings. I stepped out first, then the Doctor, then Rose.

"It's so weird. The day my father died. I thought it'd be all sort of grim and stormy. It's just an ordinary day." She frowned up at the sun's persistent brightness. 

"The past is another country. 1987's just the Isle of Wight." I grinned up at him and he wrapped his arm around me, smiling down at me. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah." Rose sighed.

"This is it. Jordan Road. He was late. He'd been to get a wedding present, a vase. Mum always said, that stupid vase. " A green van came from around the corner. DK02 PKW. "He got out of his car." The car pulled into the kerb. "And crossed the road. Oh, God. This is it." Pete got out of the van, and  I took Rose's hand. A beige car sped around the corner,NEH 793W, and right into Pete. The driver, shielded his face with his arm and kept going, leaving Pete alone with a broken vase, in the middle of the road.

Pete attempted to move, but failed.

"Go to him, quick." I told Rose.

She didn't even answer, she just stood there, too shocked to move. She lost her chance as sirens began to approach.

"It's too late now. By the time the ambulance got there, he was dead. He can't die on his own. Can I try again?" She pleaded.

"No, no. Absolutely not. It's too risky." The Doctor shook his head.

"Doctor." I sighed. "One more shot. That's all she needs."

"No!"

"Doctor!" I gave him a look.

He groaned. "One more time, and that's it."

"Thank you!" Rose hugged me first, then the Doctor, and all three of us went into the Tardis to try again.

We arrived, and looked round the corner to see ourselves by the kerbside. 

"Is that really what I look like from the back?" I asked, walking closer, only to have my arm pulled back by the Doctor. He gave me a look that said I swear I don't know what to do with you sometimes, and I laughed.

"Oh, God. This is it." The first Rose said. 

"I can't do this." Our Rose muttered.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to, but this is the last time we can be here." I told her.

All of a sudden, Rose darted forward just as Pete was about to get hit.

"Rose! NO!" The Doctor yelled.

Rose dashed past her earlier self, and shoved her father out of the path of the beige car. The vase rolled away, unbroken. The earlier Doctor, Rose, and Jordyn vanished.

"What the hell does she think she's doing?!" The  Doctor exclaimed.

"Saving his life? Getting us all killed? Your guess is as good as mine." 

"Does she know what she's just done?!" 

"Give her some credit, Doctor. She doesn't know all the rules of time and space like some people." I gave him a pointed look and he suddenly became very interested in the color of his shoes.

Rose came running up to us. "My dad just offered us a ride."

The Doctor looked like he was about to say something and I placed my hand on his shoulder, stopping him. 

"We would love a ride. Tell your dad, we are very grateful."

She grinned and ran back over to him.

"Why did you-" 

"Give her some time with him before you ruin it all, at least let her enjoy being with her dad."

He sighed, knowing I was right, and the two of us headed to get in the car with Rose and her dad.