He slide closer to her and buried his face into her hair, inhaled her scent. It always calmed him. Always...

He wanted so much to tell Kara the truth about his reason for leaving her, he wanted to ease her pain and begged her to forgive him but he couldn't.

Kara would confront Joseph for sure and she would be kicked out from the company. And Stefan knew she would be devastated.

No, he couldn't tell her about his memory. Not yet. He had to find a way to settle this, once and for all.

He had to pretend that everything was still fuzzy and confusing. And that way he didn't have to deal with Joseph yet.

His mind was back to that day when Joseph came and asked him about the agreement.

At that time Stefan was confused about what Joseph had talking about but now he understood.

It was a careless move when he came to Joseph first time, now he would plan it through and find a better way to protect his wife.

Slowly he woke up from the bed and went straight to the bathroom to have a shower.

He felt so much better today, maybe because he no longer had a burden that he had to carry. He had his wife back and his memory back. His life was perfect.

Well, almost perfect. If only he didn't have to lie to his wife about his amnesia.....

***

"Good morning..." Kara walked to the kitchen and hugged her husband from behind. She was still in her sleeping attire and her eyes were just half open. She went straight downstairs when she smelled bacon. Stefan had cooked her breakfast.

"Morning Babe." He tapped her head and continued cooking, leaving her clinging on his back.

"Let me cook it Stefan." She mumbled.

"Take a shower sleepy head. I'm almost finish." He chuckled. She barely could open her eyes and she already wanted to cook for him.

Stefan had everything ready when Kara finished her shower. She had decided to skip work today.

Well she had to. His declaration of love would have to be celebrated hard she thought. She was expecting him to make love to her again all day long but apparently he had different plan.

"Are you playing hooky? He raised his eyebrows when she told him she would stay at home today. "Why?"

"Why not?" she placed her hand on his knee, and her body leaned sideways to plant trail of kisses along his jaw. "We can have fun whole day today...."

Stefan cleared his throat, "Um...." He protested when her hand slide up then side way to the inner side of his thigh.

"Yes?" she purred.

"Uh... I have another plan...." He gulped, trying not to get too excited by her invitation to go back to bed. He had made a plan, well actually it was his plan because he thought she would go back to work today, but since she stayed, she could come along too.

***

"Where are we going?" Kara watched the road from the car window.

"Somewhere nice." Stefan grinned.

"Really? I don't know any interesting places in this area." Kara mumbled, curious with Stefan's plan. Where did he want to take her?

Matthew turned the steering wheel into a smaller street and turned again to one of the entrance of a mansion. He stopped and swapped a key card before driving in.

"Um.... Why are we here?" Kara stepped out from the car and helped Stefan. "Why Matthew has the key?"

"My property agent reminded me about this place last week." He lied. He purchased the mansion few months ago before Joseph invited them for dinner and dropped the bad news. He had planned to tell Kara that he wanted to continue their marriage and move here. But too bad he made the agreement with Joseph and lost his memory after.

The place had been abandoned since and only today he remembered about this mansion when he got his memory back.

"It's a beautiful mansion." Kara scanned the front of the building and its surrounding. A cute French style two storey mansion with giant windows, white wall and grey twin doors with two rustic looking wall lights on the left and right side. A little messy and dirty but it could be easily cleaned up. With a lick of paint it would look fantastic, Kara was loving it already.

The place was huge, big front yard and she was sure big backyard too.

A very good investment she thought. She knew Stefan was into investing his money to properties and she was sure this would be one of his collections.

"It is beautiful indeed. Classic design, six bedrooms, all with walk in wardrobes and ensuite. Huge kitchen, new appliances, a huge swimming pool at the back and plenty of space for dogs to run around." He gave her a hint. Kara loved dogs, she always complained about wanting to get one but didn't have a heart to leave the poor thing in a penthouse.

Now she could get one or maybe more. Stefan smiled seeing of how impress she was.

"You sounded like a property agent yourself mister." She chuckled.

"Let's check inside." Stefan suggested.

Matthew helped him opened the front door and waited outside while Stefan and Kara went in.

"So, what do you think about this place?" Stefan asked when they finished checking every room.

"It's beautiful." Kara smiled at him. "I think you should buy it Stefan. I am sure the price will be twice higher in the next few years."

"Um.... I don't know...." He pretended to think through.

"Oh come on. If you don't want it, I'll buy it." She shrugged. Running her finger along the French doors of the master bedroom, her eyes scanned the outdoor area. A beautiful secluded garden with row of blooming daffodils and a classic looking park bench enough for two people to sit in and enjoy their afternoon tea.

"No roses? This is perfect." She sounded excited. "And I like the chandelier too." She pointed up to the ceiling. "And the open ensuite. Hmm......."

Stefan laughed softly and pulled her closer, his hand rested on her hip, "No wall eh? That's my favourite part too." He wiggled his eyebrows already imagining him laying on the bed watching Kara in the shower.

That would be heaven for him.

"Stefan...." She blushed.

"Can you see yourself living here?" he asked.

"Yes.... What? What do you mean?" she lifted her face to see him and he beamed ear to ear.

"I thought so." He said, I bought this for you. I made an offer after I visited it few days ago and this morning my agent said it had been accepted." Again he lied. He didn't want her to find out that he had regained his memory and that he already purchased the house few months back.

"What?!?!?!" she covered her mouth with both of her palms, her eyes sparkled, "This house is ours? Really?" she jumped up and down, couldn't contain her excitement, before throwing herself to him, and almost knocked him down to the floor.

"Stefan, really?" again she asked after she calmed down a bit.

"Yes Kara. It's ours. I will ask them to speed up the process then we can do a little clean up before we move in."

She didn't want to hear any of his plans anymore, she quickly tiptoed and kissed his lips hard.

***