17. Scared & Hoping

Começar do início

"I just wish everything didn't have to turn out so bad after terminus. We don't deserve this- everything going wrong. We don't. It's just not fair-"

"Alex. Look at me, I'm telling you everything is going to be fine. You're alive. We all are-"

I interrupted Ryan. "Daryl's probably not even.."

"Don't think like that. You can't lose your hope. Not now. Not never." He pulled me into a hug, as I began to cry. "Daryl is fine, you know it. We all do, okay? Glenn is fine, and so is Abe, and Sasha. Daryl and them are going to come back here and we're all going to keep on surviving together. Everyone."

Daryl's *POV*

As soon as I noticed the guys lurking in the woods not too far away, who were getting ready to I'm guessing kill these three, I ran up to them and stopped them from running that way.

"Come on. This way. Go, go. Go!" I said. I walked to the blonde woman and helped her up, holding her and began running with them. We eventually came to a stop and hid behind some branches. I took out the black gun and handed it to the guy.

"Hey, take it." I said, then he snatched it out of my hands and turned around to look out at the people approaching near. We watched as a guy came walking up near a big rock and a walker trapped up against the tree and the rock. Already up to speed on what I was going to do, I stepped forward as soon as the guy got near the trapped walker and rustled some of the branches and leaves, making the guy walk ahead and to the side. As I hoped, the walker grabbed onto the guy and bit him good before he stabbed the walkers head a couple of times, causing him to scream out.

"Wade, I'm bit!" He yelled. A guy came running towards him and held on. "Take it off me."

"Damn it."

"Do it! Just take it off!" I saw that he had taken off his belt and wrapped it around his upper arm.

"I'll get your watch later."

And just like that, the guy- Wade, I'm guessing- chopped his lower arm off. Him screaming in pain made me wince, and made me worried about how loud he was screaming.

"Alright, that's it, time to go home." Wade spoke. After listening him speak over a walkie talkie, I looked to my side watching the brunette inject the blonde in her arm with insulin, as she laid on the ground passed out. The blonde guy looked up at me.

"We thought you were with them...We knock you over the head, tie you up- threatned to kill you! Why the hell did you come back?"

I grunt and then began to speak and stared at him. "Maybe I'm stupid too."

-

"So you knew em?" I asked, as we walked together. "Still you thought I was one of them?"

"Where we were...we were there since the beginning. We still didn't know everyone. Back when we first threw in with them, it was a good as place as any. Then things got harder, people got harder. Human nature kicked in and it became a truly unique kind of shit-show." He answered.

"People will trade anything for safety," the brunette added. "For knowing that they're safe."

"Everything." He said. "So they got nothing left except just- existing."

"Hey, nobody's safe anymore." I said. "Can't promise people that anyhow."

"You can promise the people who want to hear it."