Antonella

Done by the fantastic Jayme112234

Antonella's jaw-ached from all the smiling that she had been doing, she peeked around her at the people calling for Lionel's attention and she hoped they wouldn't have to stay outside much longer.

It seemed especially cold tonight and Antonella wanted to get inside and check that Thiago was okay with Lionel's parents; she had been a little surprised when Lionel had asked if they could bring their eldest son with them.

Of course it had been hard leaving Mateo behind but Antonella knew he was far too young to be attending such an event; he was going to be watching at him with Lionel's brother and his family.

"Are you okay?" Lionel murmured lacing their fingers, he couldn't deny that she looked beautiful in the dress that she had picked out for tonight; he couldn't believe that it had only been three months since their youngest had been born.

Then again it didn't feel like a year since Cristiano had won the Ballon d'Or, it had been a little strange especially considering it had been the first in five years without Irina Shayk.

Lionel hadn't been fond of the Russian, she seemed to spend more time staring down at her phone when she thought that Cristiano wasn't looking and never exchanged a greeting with him or Antonella when she sat down.

Antonella nodded her head and squeezed his hand, they walked along the red carpet moving inside to get out of the cold; she was a little relieve since it wasn't the best weather to be standing about outside in.

Blinking in surprise at the light of the entrance, it was a lot brighter compared to what it had been outside and Antonella's eyes took a few moments to catch up; she looked around the room and sighed spotting so many inside.

It never ceased to amaze her how many people knew of Lionel now, Antonella knew that it was the least favourite part of his job; no matter how much he loved football, he didn't like that people were always following her and the boys.

***

Brushing away some hair from her face, Antonella slowly walked towards where they would be seated for the ceremony; she couldn't shake the un-nerving feeling that people were staring.