Marc Bartra - Request

Emily, the footballer I'd like is Marc Bartra and the plot is they have a fight and then after a few days they make up.

Written by the fab Jayme112234

Hope you all like it !

###

Emily laughed as she stumbled into her apartment followed by her close friend, Gina, she'd had such a good time out with her friends from school and she knew that she deserved a break after all her hard work.

Exams had just finished and Emily knew that she had done well, she had worked so hard and she had focused on what she was doing to ensure that she would pass.

Emily had even gone as far as too ignore her boyfriend so that she could get the grades that she wanted, she knew Marc understood especially since he was often away playing; he wanted her to be happy and that was why she loved him.

"That was so much fun," Gina laughed leaning against the hallway wall, she was a little tipsy and she knew that this was the start of a great summer; she hoped she wouldn't have to share her friend with the boyfriend for long. 

Emily nodded her head, she slipped off her black heels and sighed as her feet touched the cold tile floor; she was glad to be home and she knew that tomorrow was going to be crazy.

Gina moved to head into the living room and stopped, she clapped a hand over her mouth at the sight before her and she knew that Emily was in so much trouble right now.

"Uh-oh..." Gina whispered peeking back at Emily, she knew her friend had gone and done it this time and she wondered if Emily knew anything about this.

Emily furrowed her brow as she walked towards her friend to see what was going on, she gasped at the sight of her living room covered in roses and there was a beautiful picnic set up in the middle where her coffee table usually was.

Next to the picnic slept Marc Bartra, her boyfriend of a year and Emily couldn't help but wonder how long he had been there for; she felt guilty that he had done all this for her and yet she hadn't been there to share it with him.

"Marc?" Emily whispered moving to wake up her boyfriend, while Gina watched on knowing that this was not a good thing.

Marc blinked confused as he woke up, he wrinkled his nose at the smell of alcohol on his girlfriend's breath as he sat up and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I am so sorry... if I had known you'd had this planned," Emily apologised feeling horrible that he had done all of this for her, she couldn't believe that he had done this and he fallen asleep waiting for her when she was out with her friends.

"It doesn't matter," Marc muttered getting to his feet, he set about tidying everything away knowing that most of the food would have been spoiled by now; he had waited hours for her and she had only just shown up now.

"Marc..." Emily whispered hurt that her boyfriend was doing this, she knew that she had messed up and she hated that he was reacting like this; Gina quickly excused herself leaving the couple alone to talk while she made some coffee.

Marc took a deep breath as he turned to face Emily, he knew that things hadn't been great recently and with him away a lot playing and her studying to become a teacher; he just didn't know what to do anymore. 

 "I am so sorry," Emily said again, she didn't know what else to say to Marc to make this right and she hoped that he could forgive her.

"Would you stop saying that!" Marc snapped getting tired of Emily's constant apologises, he didn't want to hear it; instead he wanted to pack up and head home so that he could get some sleep before training tomorrow. 

 Emily watched her boyfriend sadly as she stood there in her little black dress, she messed with her fingers not knowing what to do.

"I can't do this anymore... I can't pretend that everything is okay," Marc whispered moving to sit down on the couch, he shook his head feeling like a fool; he didn't know if the relationship was worth this pain anymore.

"Everything is okay," Emily insisted looking at her boyfriend, she knew that things had been hard but she was sure they would get better now that the summer was here.

"No it isn't. I try to make time for you Emily... but you can't seem to do the same for me," Marc said looking to her, he knew that she had her own life but he wanted to feel a part of it instead of just something that was there.

"This is the fifth time you have stood me up to go drinking and clubbing with your so-called friends," Marc murmured watching her, he couldn't do this anymore and he hoped that he was making the right decision right now.

Emily blinked confused, she hadn't realised that she had stood him up five times and it made her feel even worse for what she was doing; she hated that it had come to this and she hadn't noticed.

"I'm sorry," Marc said shaking his head, he got to his feet and collected his things before he walked out of her apartment; he couldn't do this anymore and he hoped Emily would be happy now.

Emily stood there in her living room for a moment before she realised what had happened, she knew that she had to do something that would make this right.

***

"Tell me again why we are doing this?" Gina muttered as she helped Emily carry things into Marc's house, she was a little impressed with the mansion he lived in but she wondered why she had to help her do this.

Marc hadn't spoken to Emily in nearly a week since he had walked out on her, Gina thought that made it pretty clear that he wasn't interested in her anymore.

"I want to prove to Marc that we can do this," Emily said wiping her hands, she knew that she had so much to make up for but she was determined to win him back; she had been miserable without him in the past week.

Gina rolled her eyes but continued to help Emily set up for her surprise evening with Marc, he was due back home from a match that night and she hoped he appreciated what Emily was doing for him at that moment.

The two were silent as they worked, Emily repeating her speech over and over in her head until the entire living room had been transformed and she was proud of her work.

Gina didn't stay long after everything was in place, she wished her best friend good luck before leaving to head out on another night on the town with the others.

Then all that was left for Emily to do was to wait for Marc to come home, she sat down on the couch in the lovely floral summer dress that she had picked out and begun her wait.

***

Emily was woken up by the sound of Marc coming home, she blinked looking at the clock on the wall before she sat up; she brushed her fingers through her hair as she looked around before Marc walked into the room.

"Em?" Marc said surprised that Emily was here, he had been avoiding her since he didn't know what to do anymore and he hoped that everything was okay.

"Hola," Emily whispered nervously, she suddenly couldn't remember the speech that she'd had prepared to give him and she didn't know what to say.

"What are you doing here?" Marc asked looking around, he was a little surprised at what she had done to his living room and he wanted to know what was going on.

"I wanted to make things right," Emily said getting to her feet, she had been so horrible to him and she knew that he deserved better; she just wanted a second chance because she loved him so much and didn't want to lose him.

"Em," Marc whispered shaking his head, he took a couple of steps forward and pulled her into a kiss; he was sure that they were going to be just fine.