Chapter 36 - Silver Conference

Chapter 36 – Silver Conference

<Union Cave; Team Rocket’s Secret Base>

“Isaac, where is my father?” Annabelle repeated her question for the second time.

Isaac did not say anything. He did not know what to say. Just tell her straight up, or to lead her slowly into acceptance?

“Isaac, are you alright?” Emma asked. She had arrived shortly after Annabelle.

“Y-Yeah! I'm fine.” Isaac said softly.

“Is something the problem?” Annabelle asked.

“Well…” Isaac stuttered.

“You want to know where your father is?” Steven asked.

“Well, duh!” Annabelle frowned. “He was kidnapped too wasn’t he? Where is he!”

Steven sighed. “Annabelle…”

Annabelle turned to look at Steven. “W-Wait… Are you Champion Steven Stone of Hoenn?”

“Yeah, I am.”

“Oh my Arceus! You are-”

“Annabelle!” Steven said sharply.

Annabelle quickly shut up.

“Look… Your father…”

“My father… what?” Annabelle was starting to get suspicious. “Where is he?”

“Listen to me.” Steven said. “Do you know what your father works as?”

Annabelle seemed irritated that no one was answering her questions directly. “He is the CEO of ISS. He oversees all the workings of the company.”

“Do you know what his other job is?” Steven said.

Isaac realised in horror what Steven was trying to do. “No, Steven! You can’t!”

Annabelle stared at Isaac. “Can’t what?” She put her arms around her hips and regarded Isaac. “Tell me.”

“Umm… Well…” Isaac said.

“Your father was also a secret agent.”

“What?” Annabelle and Isaac exclaimed at the same time.

“Steven what are you-”

“It can’t be!” Annabelle exclaimed. “He would’ve told us something as important as this if it were true.”

“Annabelle, listen to me.” Steven said sternly.

Annabelle quickly calmed herself down. “All right… But why can’t you tell me where he is? Is he alright?”

“He…” Steven hesitated for a moment. “Say, did you hear the explosion earlier?”

“Well, yeah. It was pretty loud.”

“Well, he was killed in the explosion.” Steven retorted bluntly.

“W-What? You… You’re kidding right?” Annabelle gave a forced smile.

“He was working undercover with the Johto Police Force and was trying to infiltrate this base. Well, he was obviously successful, which is how we got here.”

“No…”

“Unfortunately…” Steven looked down. “Your father was a great man…”

“No…” Annabelle quickly turned to Isaac and grabbed his arm. “Isaac! It’s all one big joke, right? Please tell me so!”