Chapter 14 - Another day ends

Chapter 14 – Another day ends

<Route 37>

  “Now Corsola, use ancient power!”

  Corsola’s horns started glowing and it tackled forward, hitting Deerling straight on the body. Deerling stumbled backwards and looked as if it was about to faint.

  “Ha! Just as I said, type advantages mean nothing. Furthermore, it seems like your Deerling is tired out from all its prior battles. Its health is running low. Corsola, finish it!” Just as it was about to deal the finishing blow, it suddenly stopped and seemed suddenly very tired.

  “Finally, it’s taking effect.” Isaac said with a smile.

  “What do you mean?”

  From the back of Corsola’s body, several seeds started sprouting rapidly and was wrapping around Corsola’s body. It was glowing faintly and was sucking Corsola’s energy away. Some of the seeds were dispersed and Deerling went forward and absorbed them, instantly becoming rejuvenated.

  The trainer cursed. “Leech seed… Corsola, use Aqua ring to restore your health!”

  Corsola wrapped itself against a thin veil of water and tried to get some health back but to no avail. Its health was still being sapped constantly and after a couple of hits by Deerling, it could take no more.

  “Finish it, Double Kick!” Isaac shouted while pointing at Corsola.

  Deerling jumped forward and kick it a couple of times. When Corsola finally fell, the seeds on its body detached and went back to Deerling. Deerling immediately was restored to full and stood up tall against the fallen Corsola.

  “Aww no! You’re too strong. How about round 2? I have other Pokémon!”

  “Nah. It’s getting late and I really need to get to a Pokecenter soon. Bye now!” Isaac said as he returned Deerling back to its pokeball.

  Isaac continued on Route 37, rushing now, as he tried to reach Ecruteak City before nightfall. After a while, Isaac finally reached the Pokecenter of Ecruteak. After booking a room at the Pokecenter and leaving his Pokémon to rest, he went to his room and tried to call Emma.

  “Sorry, but the number you have dialled is not available. Please try again later.” Isaac’s Pokégear had repeated this same message for the fifth time.

  “WormaDAMMIT Emma! Where the hell are you?”

<Union Cave>

  “Say your prayers, because your Aron is going down now! Beedrill finish that Aron with your Twineedle attack!”

  Beedrill flew forward at unbelievable speed and jabbed its large stinger at Aron. Aron countered with its Metal Claw but the massive bug was simply overpowering the weakened Aron. After a few more minutes, Aron was left lying on the floor of the cave, unable to move anymore.

  “It’s over. You were no match for me.”

  Emma frowned as she grabbed her other pokeball. She contemplated whether or not to send out her other Pokémon. She knew Totodile was probably no match for his Beedrill and if it faints, she would be left defenceless. She looked around. Thanks to whoever blew holes in Union cave, Emma could not escape deeper into the cave. Beedrill would catch up with her quickly if she tried to run the straight route back to the entrance. There seemed like there was no other option but to stay and fight.