Chapter 16 - Rocket's Plans

Chapter 16 – Rocket’s plans

<Ecruteak City>

  “Ah… Ah… Ah… …” Isaac closed his eyes. “Ah CHOO!”

  “Curse you.” Morty said calmly.

  “Thanks for your concern, Morty.” Isaac said sarcastically. “WormaDAMN, someone must be talking behind my back again.”

  “Are you ready to lose?” Morty said.

  “You are in no position to say that. Your Gengar is so tired that it can’t even use its shadow attack anymore.” Isaac smirked.

  “No matter, I don’t need that attack to beat you.” Morty pointed at Isaac. “You’re going down, boy!”

  Gengar jumped and started levitating upwards, reaching almost to the roof of the gym. It then started summoning several black glowing orbs and threw them at Deerling. Deerling easily dodged every one of them. The orbs exploded on the gym floor, creating mini explosions.

  “You are not going to hit Deerling with those long ranged attacks!” Isaac shouted. “Stop trying!”

  Gengar seemed to progressively grow weaker and weaker as Deerling’s Leech Seed sapped its strength slowly. Small seed spores were being scattered back at Deerling, healing its health. Just as Gengar seemed to tire out finally, Deerling tripped and got hit by one of the orbs. Deerling’s small body was thrown to one of the walls of the gym instantly.

  “Ah! Deerling, are you all right?” Isaac asked. Deerling slowly stood back up. “What just happened? Why did you get hit?”

  “Haha you thought the curse was meant for you?” Morty laughed. “By cutting Gengar’s health, I have put a curse on Deerling. It’s only a matter of time before…”

  Deerling’s eyes widened and its breathing got laboured. It could barely stand. “Wait…” Isaac glared at Gengar. “Gengar’s health was cut too, which means it’s also at its limit. Deerling, quick, attack it before curse takes its final toll.”

  “Dodge it!”

  Deerling gritted its teeth and charged at Gengar with the last bits of its strength. Gengar tried to dodge it but its movements were too slow. Gengar roared before it was hit directly and flew back to Morty, fainted.

  “And that… would be… THE GAME!” Isaac shouted and finished with a bow.

  “Hold it!” Morty shouted. “Heheheh. Look at your Deerling.”

  Isaac glanced over and was shocked to see Deerling was also knocked out on the ground. “It can’t be…” He thought back to the final moments of the battle. “Harrgh… WormaDAMMIT!” Isaac cursed.

  “Yup, my final attack was… DESTONY BOND!” Morty shouted with both his hands raised and palms open. “Muahahahahaha!”

  “A draw…” Isaac gritted his teeth. “Dang it…”

  “Still… You fight well, kid.” Morty said. “But now let’s get on to business.”

  The both of them returned their Pokémon to their respective pokeballs and headed for the Pokecenter to get their roughed up Pokémon healed. After dropping off their Pokémon, they headed to the restaurant for a quick meal.

  “So… What did you call me here for?” Isaac asked while (gar)chomping down his food.

  “Well, I have come to ask you if you have ever heard of the legendary Pokémon.” Morty asked.