Chapter 30 - Crisis on the mid-day train

Chapter 30 – Crisis on the mid-day train

<Olivine City; Pokecenter>

“Cherrygrove city?” Falkner asked. “You say that’s where Steven Stone is?”

“Yes.” Emma answered. “Probably.”

“… Probably?” Isaac narrowed his eyes. “How would you even know?”

Emma glanced accusingly as Isaac. “Well, yesterday, I had quite a lot of time to think about everything that’s happened so far. So… I did.”

“And…?” Falkner was tapping his foot repeatedly on the ground.

“We first met him at Cherrygrove City, Steven I mean. When we met him, Isaac was rushing to get his Pokémon healed and we were unable to find Cherrygrove City’s Pokecenter. No one bothered to help us and only Mr Stone was kind enough to give us directions.”

“I remember.” Isaac smiled. “He had such a kind and friendly smile. He even waited for us in the lobby and asked if we were having any more trouble.”

“Yes.” Emma nodded. “However, did you not wonder why Mr Stone would be in Cherrygrove City in the first place?”

“No…” Isaac confessed. “I wondered more of why Falkner would ask us for information regarding a mysterious organisation in Johto.”

“He knew?” Falkner suddenly shouted.

“What?”

“He knew that an evil organisation was operating here in Johto?”

“Well… I guess he did.”

“Guess…?”

“He asked us first!” Emma chimed in. “He was the one who asked if we had heard of any suspicious happenings here in Johto first, before we even told him anything.”

“A-Are you sure?” Falkner stuttered.

“Positive.” Emma spoke in a firm voice.

“This changes everything!” Falkner seemed very surprised. “Why did you not tell me that?”

“What do you mean?” Isaac was curious.

“Hey! Don’t you want to hear what I have to say?” Emma frowned.

Falkner started to get up and beckoned Isaac and Emma to follow him. “Come on; let’s get to Cherrygrove City as soon as possible. There would be time to talk later.”

Isaac and Emma looked at one another with puzzlement written all over their faces, but they followed Falkner regardless.

<Olivine City; Johto Express Station>

The station was crowded as usual, and the usual crowd started gathering around Falkner once he entered the place. Screams and shouts from the audience were deafening. Isaac could not even hear himself think. The whole station seemed to stop working and even the station masters came forward to service Falkner.

“Leader Falkner, nice to meet you!” A man in uniform greeted him. “I’m Kent, the station master here, and I’m at your service.” He held out his right hand to Falkner.

Falkner gave him a disgusted look and reluctantly shook his hand. “I need a ride to Cherrygrove City. Now.”

“Very well, Leader. The next train leaves in ten minutes. Please, follow me. I assume your students would be joining you?”

“My students?” Falkner glanced behind him where Isaac and Emma were busy chatting away. “Ah… Yes, they are.”

“First class, I assume?”