Chapter 27 - One Last Assumption

All right I know you just want to read the latest chapter, but I just wanted to inform all of you that editing of the previous parts have finally been complete and you can go check it out. I have also changed Chapter 26, the preview chapter, to an actual chapter so I strongly reccomend that you look at it. For all users using their smartphone devices, you have to delete the story and redownload it for updates to show, but that should not be a problem. just search 'Pokemon' and you should find it.

As always, rate, comment and follow. I'm still a contender in the Pokemon Watty Awards so it would help a lot. Hint: Each chapter can be voted once *wink, wink*.

I hope you have enjoyed thus far and look forward to more updates in the future! On with the story!

Also, remember that feedback is always welcome :D

Chapter 27 – One Last Assumption

The battle had gone on far too long and still the opponent carried on fighting, “Impressive.” Falkner could not help but say.

The girl was clearly irritated by his casual remark. “I don’t need praise from you.”

On Falkner’s side of the field stood a green condor-like Pokémon with long, red-and-black tipped white wings appeared. It stood unmoving at Falkner’s side, staring intently at its opponent with its large, unblinking eyes. While on the opponent’s side of the field, there was a black weasel-like Pokémon clad in a bright red crown and collar. It had two tails and three claws, which it was showing off proudly to its opponent, in a taunting way almost.

“To be able to last this long against a gym leader such as myself is no mean feat. Tell me, who trained you?”

“I see no need to answer any of your meaningless questions! Weavile, attack!”

The black Pokémon launched forth swiftly and flew towards the bird. Its arms started glowing a brilliant white as it stabbed forth. The green bird observed calmly, making no attempt at dodging the potentially devastating blow. Just as he move was about to land, it vanished.

“Wha…?”

“Xatu, wing attack!” Falkner said.

The bird immediately reappeared behind Weavile and tried to counter with a strike with its wing. However, Weavile was too swift and with its lightning-fast reflexes, it surged forward, avoiding the attack.

“Shadow Ball!” The girl shouted.

Weavile gathered a large blob of energy and shot it towards Xatu. The bird was fast, but not fast enough to avoid the blow. Again, it vanished and this time, it immediately reappeared right in front of Weavile’s face. Weavile shouted in surprise and lowered its guard for a moment. Xatu seized the opportunity and bashed it in the stomach using its right wing. The attack hit hard, pushing Weavile all the way to the other side of the field.

“Aerial Ace.” Falkner commanded.

“Weavile, retreat!”

The bird did not even give Weavile a break, instantly disappearing and reappearing beside Weavile. Raising its aileron to deliver the finishing blow, it cried out loudly, as if its shouts would give it more strength. Weavile, not wanting to lose, quickly parried with its claw. Its claw glowing again, it attempted another close ranged strike at the opponent’s chest but to no avail. Xatu disappeared once more.