CHAPTER #19

There were days that Jenny felt like she was in quicksand up to her neck. As promised, instead of cutting she contacted Nate and Eric. First she would send them a text and then whomever responded is who she would call and talk to. The more she leaned on Eric, the better their friendship became. Sometimes he would just call to update her on stuff happening in the Upper East Side. Nate usually was the one who responded to the late night texts. If Jenny couldn't sleep or had a nightmare, he would call her and they'd talk. Jenny even surprised herself, wishing she could have some sessions with her shrink. One conversation with her Dad and he said that when she returned after summer, he would arrange it. Jenny wasn't sure when she'd be ready to come back; to face Blair, Serena and Chuck. Maybe in the fall she would do one more semester in Brooklyn.

Eric got Van Warp Tour tickets for Uniondale, NY.  Nate couldn't go. Eric took the helicopter to Brooklyn. Then the limo company arranged to drive Jenny and Eric to and from the concert.

"I feel like a rock star. I forgot about how awesome it is to ride in a limo. And I can't believe you got us back stage passes!" Jenny said enthusiastically.

Eric grinned, "Mom came through for us alright. It's her way of saying she misses you too."

"I will email her a card with the concert pics in it," Jenny promised.

Once they arrived and got their wrist bands, both of them headed for the merchandise booths. There were t-shirts, hats, bandanas, stickers and much more. Everything they bought was put into Jenny's backpack. The crowds of people at each of the stages were insane. Eric and Jenny made new friends and got phone numbers from various people. Backstage got them autographs on T-shirts and free merchandise too. There were many bands and genera of music to see; punk, pop rock, grunge and hard core metal. Jenny crowd surfed during the Anarbor show and NoFx. She left Eric to go into the mosh pit for The Pretty Reckless.  Eric was glad to see she was no longer afraid to let people touch her. They both lost their voices cheering for their favourite bands. Dehydration happened fast and nothing quenched their thirst like a bottle of cold water.

Jenny said to Eric as they doused each other with water, "the lead singer of The Pretty Reckless, has cool fashion style."

Eric said, "I think her name is Tyler Momsen."

At the end of the night, once the concert had stopped, the limo picked them up. Two minutes sitting on the soft seats and they both fell asleep. When they arrived at Jenny's mom's house, Eric declined staying the night. Since Jenny had no voice left, she hugged him good-bye. Eric left, as the helicopter was waiting to take him home.

Jenny sent him a quick text before she went to bed, 'thanks so much Eric, that was one of the best days of my life!'

Eric replied, 'yah I had a blast. So tired tho, need sleep... all day tomorrow. G'night!'