CHAPTER #33

The flight to Abu Dhabi was unbearably long. The cabin of Chuck's jet let them walk around a bit and stretch their legs. Nate and Jenny did some tai-chi, while Chuck sat there drinking and admiring their flexibility. They also played video games and watched a movie. Each one randomly took a nap and at one point only Chuck was awake. They hit some bad turbulence, which woke Jenny in fright. Nate slept through it. Finally the captain advised they'd be approaching the airport, to buckle up. By this time Nate was awake too.

Chuck had arranged for a limo to pick them up at the airport, so after stretching from the flight, they got into the limo and began the drive to Yas Island hotel. Jenny was impressed with how modern the hotel looked even at night. The lights were beautiful. The front of the hotel had a spectacular fountain. Chuck had been right, the architecture of the building was out of this world. On the inside, the lobby and everything around them was modern, but flowed. Just looking at the decor made you feel relaxed.

"I booked us the presidential double story suite," Chuck said.

"Double story? Wow I feel like royalty," Jenny whispered in awe.

The rooms within the suite all had large beds, wicked views and a luxurious elegance. Everything was in muted tones of grey, brown and white. The floors were all tiled. The curtains were remote control and the lighting could also be adjusted to your preference.

"Look the lights turn colour... very cool." Jenny said.

"Check this out... there is a pool under here," Nate called from the bathroom.

Jenny and Chuck came into the bathroom and watched as Nate retracted the doors to the lap pool with the remote. As they looked around, they discovered a private sauna and steam room. The tub was stand alone.

"Personally I appreciate the private bar," Chuck said casually.

"The view over the marina is probably stunning in the day, because it is beautiful at night," Nate said.

"I'm getting a head-ache... damn jet lag," Jenny groaned, grabbing a bottle of water from the kitchen and Advil from her bag.

"A trip to the spa should help with that in the morning. The elevator will take you down to it," Chuck said. "Oh and you can get a rain shower, which is rumoured to be divine."

GOSSIP GIRL NARRATOR: Who needs a prince, when you can be treated like a princess and without all the red tape!

"It's too bad it's 3 am, we could've gone to the Skylite lounge. I'm going to order room service," Nate said.

"I'm going to sleep, but spa after breakfast sounds lovely," Jenny said stifling a yawn.

"Morning is fast approaching. I'm going to take my drink to bed. You're on your own for snacking at this hour Nate," Chuck said, pouring himself a double rye and coke.

"Awe come on guys..." Nate's complaints fell on tired ears. "Alright then, good night."

He looked around the suite and out at the view, as he waited for the food. This place, this suite, was over the top. It even exceeded Chuck's expectations and that was rare. If they finished all the rides and saw all the attractions at Ferrari World, just relaxing here for a week would be fantastic. The food arrived, he tipped the server and didn't come up for air until it was all gone. Nate hadn't realized how hungry he had been until he looked at the remains. He shrugged, put the cart into the elevator and called reception to advise he was done. The food finally made him tired and he went to bed.

Jenny was up first, she went to the kitchen area to make some coffee. While she sipped her cup she stood on the balcony and checked out the sight. As much as she wanted to call the spa right away, she also didn't want to abuse Chuck's generosity. Jenny knew that she couldn't afford it, even with her casino winnings.

"Good morning Jenny, thanks for making coffee."

"Hi Chuck, it's good isn't it?"

"Mmm." Chuck sat down on a chair and Jenny joined him. "I think after breakfast we all should do the spa treatment, get rid of the jet lag. Then I say explore this place, see what it has to offer. Ferrari World can wait until tomorrow."

Jenny was nodding her head in agreement and about to say something, when Nate interrupted. "What? Ferrari World tomorrow... damn." He gave Jenny a quick kiss on the cheek.

"You're such a child sometimes," Chuck said with fake disgust.

Nate punched his arm, "and you're not? So what's your plan?"

Chuck explained again and finally Jenny had a chance to interject, "the booklet for reception says there are various restaurants we can try out. I'm surprised you didn't see it when you ordered food last night Nate.  Anyway," Jenny continued, not allowing either of her friends to cut in, "we should probably make reservations for the ones we want to go to early."

"Ok good point. Well let's order breakfast to be sent up. I don't feel like making a mess in the kitchen."

"I don't know why they bothered with this kitchen, as anyone staying in this suite wouldn't want to make food themselves. I know I wont be," Chuck drawled.

While Nate and Chuck drank coffee and waited for breakfast to arrive, Jenny went to bathe and change. Chuck made arrangements for the spa. He was told they could just come down in their robes. The three of them wore slippers and robes as they travelled to the spa in their private elevator. Once they arrived at the spa, they sat in soft chairs and waited for the attendant. The decor was in soft neutral tones, with dim lighting and candles. Relaxing instrumental music played and a light almost citrus smell drifted by.

It made Jenny feel like she had to whisper, "the music reminds me of the band Enya, but without the vocals."

Nate and Chuck nodded in agreement. Just sitting there for the two minutes, put them all at ease. Then one attendant per person came and took them to a separate room. Here they each were given a foot massage and rosehip exfoliation. Jenny was led into another room where there was a massage table and told to disrobe and get under the sheet. The attendant left to give privacy and then she returned and began the massage. Warm oil was used as the therapist gently rubbed away the tension, working from head to toe. Once the muscles were warmed up, the deeper tissue massage began. For Jenny, the attention to her feet almost made her giggle, but for once in her life she was able to control the urge, which surprised her. When the therapist's hands moved to the inside of her thighs, she couldn't help wonder what Chuck had paid for, but the hands didn't touch her intimate areas. She thought of Nate's hands massaging her and had to quickly make her mind think of something else. The deep tissue massage removed the ache that she had from the flight that sat between her shoulder blades. Once the massage was complete, Jenny was then asked to put the robe on again. Then she was moved to another room where the hot rock therapy was done. Warm smooth rocks were placed on her back. The rocks were said to have a connection to her internal energy also known as chi and were strategically placed to release energy blockages. After the rocks, she went to be submerged in a pool that had light electrical currents running through it to help extract toxins. The browner the water got, the more toxins were being released. The water drained and filled back up on it's own, tiny fish were in the water and they tickled as they nibbled away at Jenny's skin. Then she was instructed remotely to open the jar beside the bath, and rub the lotion all over her body. Finally she joined Chuck and Nate, everyone in new robes.

"Even though it was a long process and the fish tickled, that was the best spa treatment ever!" Nate said.

"The massage helped my sore back, thank you so much Chuck." Jenny said giving him a spontaneous hug.

"There is also a tranquility pool we can try another day." Chuck said and added, "that package includes a massage too."

"Well now that we are all relaxed, lets go explore what the rest of this place has to offer," Nate encouraged.

That's exactly what they did. Restaurants of various cuisine; japanese, mediterranean, italian and asian. Something to satisfy everyone. They chose something different for every day of the week. This took most of the afternoon. They had some snacks at one of the lounges for lunch and then Nate and Chuck went golfing. Jenny was feeling the heat and went back to the suite to take a nap.