Chapter 13

The sound of buzzing near my ear pulled me from my sleep. Groaning, I reached over to my bedside table and fumbled around until I found my phone. Opening one eye and squinting from the blinding light, I looked at my phone and saw I had a new message. A goofy grin spread across my face when I saw it was from Lux. Stretching and sitting up I opened the message.

Good morning, beautiful. I can’t wait to see you today. I’ll meet you out the front of school before class.

Lux

Smiling like an idiot I hit reply

Good morning, I like your wake up calls ;) can’t wait to see you either.

Mia x

I lay back in bed while I waited for his reply, thinking back to yesterday. Lux had come over and we spent the whole day just hanging out at the beach. It was so easy being with Lux, talking, laughing, flirting; I didn’t want the day to end. No matter how many times he kissed me, my body still felt like it was on fire every time. My phone vibrated in my hand and I bit my lip as I read his reply.

I can think of better ways to wake you up... ;) x

I giggled like a school girl as I responded

Really? I’d definitely like to find out what they are sometime x

Lux's reply came through causing a heat in the pit of my stomach.

I’ll make sure of it. X

I smiled and threw my phone on the bed before getting up and making my way to the shower.

Half an hour later, I stood checking over my reflection. I didn’t know why I was so nervous about how I looked all of a sudden. I decided I was being silly and I shouldn’t fuss any more. I smoothed down my floral sundress that came to mid thigh and grabbed my cowboy boots before running my fingers through my long curly hair and applying some clear gloss.

I grabbed my bag and walked though to the living room to wait for Tammy. After a few minutes, Tammy still wasn’t out so I headed down to her room.

“Tammy?” I called through the door “Are you ready yet?”

I heard some fumbling from behind the door and some hushed whispers. What the hell? Before I had time to knock again she swung the door open, tossing her straight blonde over her shoulder looking a bit flustered.

I looked at her suspiciously “Is everything okay...?” I asked straining my head to look over her shoulder into the room, but she just shut the door, trampling my attempts to see what she was hiding.

 “Everything’s fine!” She stammered a little too quickly. Okay, she is definitely hiding something! “Someone’s a little impatient this morning. Wouldn’t be because of your smoking hot boyfriend would it?” Tammy asked smirking at me. I knew this was her attempt of distracting me so I settled for drilling her about her ‘secret’ later.

I rolled my eyes and walked back down the hall, Tammy’s laughter following me bringing a smile to my lips.

As we neared the school I immediately looked for Lux or his motorbike. Scouring the parking lot my eyes landed on what I was looking for. Butterflies took flight in my stomach and a small smile turned up the corners of my mouth as I saw Lux leaning against the side of the building, talking to someone I faintly recognised from around school.  

Tammy swung the truck into the parking lot and Lux looked up, his gaze finding mine, a smile slowly spreading over his beautiful face. He slowly started walking up to the truck, and he looked so incredibly hot doing so, as I stepped out. His gaze was locked on mine, never wavering as he approached.