Chapter 4

As we approach the party that seemed to be in full swing already, I could hear the familiar sound of ‘I need your love’ by Ellie Goulding and Calvin Harris, blaring out over the speakers and voices all laughing and talking. It isn’t even completely dark yet but there are still a few people that look to be staggering around already. There is even one girl throwing her guts up in the bushes.

Nice.

In the centre of the groups of people there is a small bonfire that people are dancing around. I’d always loved dancing, although I couldn’t go up on my own. Hopefully Tammy would suggest it later.

“Let’s go get a drink!” Tammy half yelled so she could be heard over the music, nodding her head in the direction of a makeshift bar area surrounded by a group of 3 girls. I nodded my head and followed after her.

As we got closer to the bar, one of the girls from the group looked up and spotted us.

“Tammy!” She called out. She must be one of Tammy’s friends. Judging by her shoulder length, jet black hair, I’m guessing this was Alex who i had heard a bit about from Tammy on the walk over here.

“Hey, Alex!” Tammy called out.

The other two girls had now noticed us walking up and were smiling warmly at me and Tammy.

“Everyone I want you to meet my very best friend, Mia Giovanni. Mia this is Alex, Emily and Pagan” she gestured her hand around the group as she introduced each of them. Where Emily is fair skinned and has fiery red hair that flows just past her shoulders, Pagan is more similar to me, with tanned skin and dark hair, though hers is cut into a shoulder length bob.

“Mia, we’ve heard so much about you! It’s so great to finally meet you!” Alex says as she shoots me a friendly smile.

“Yeah, i feel like i already know you from what Tammy has told us!” Emily exclaims, with a smile.

“Well don’t believe any of it, it’s not true!” I say jokingly, looking at Tammy, and she simply shrugs.

“Girls, don’t be fooled by her modesty, she’s a keeper” Tammy says simply. “Oh, and you’ll never guess who’s back in town!” she exclaims to the girls.

“Lux Tyler!” Emily squealed a bit too enthusiastically.

“How did you know?” Tammy replies confused.

“Because he’s over there” Pagan says mischievously and nodding her head towards the other side of the bar and to no surprise, there he was standing talking to two other guys with a beer in his hand and three blonde girls hanging onto them.

God he looked good wearing a pair of black and white board shorts and a white short sleeved t-shirt. His hair was slightly damp looking and flicked to the side like he had just gotten out of the shower and he had jerked his head sideways. His eyes met with mine then and he smiled a big toothy grin before turning his focus back to his groupies. My heart felt like it was beating out of my chest and I think I was getting a bit too excited about seeing him here. At least I wasn’t the only person enraptured in his charm because almost every girl was sneaking glances at him.

“Mia, is that, drool I can see?” Alex asked me teasingly.

I snapped my head back “No! I was just... thinking about something...” Oh god, thank goodness they weren’t at the airport when I did actually drool.

Tammy laughed “Tell them what happened at the airport Mia!” She said shaking her head.

I groaned as I told them all about what happened (aside from the drool).