"In a week."

"Oh. How long will you be gone?" her voice now sounding sadder than it was before.

"I'm not sure. I'm not even going to be living with my mom either." I grumble.

"Wait, what?" confusion coursing through her voice, and knowing her she probably thinks I'm just high.

"My mom's being transferred to England in two weeks, but she doesn't want to drag me half way across the world, so instead she's shipping me off the LA to live with her old college friend."

"Well hey, look at it this way, you're going to move to L freaking A! Maybe you'll meet someone famous!" she squeals no longer sounding sad at all.

"Yeah maybe." I chuckle, "Oh i forgot to mention! My mom said I could throw a party the day before I leave."

"Ooh a party! What day do you leave?"

"Geez, don't be too sad that I'm leaving."

"You know I'll miss you. You're my best friend for God's sake! I'm just trying to make the best of a bad situation."

"Yeah I guess you're right," I sigh, "I think I leave on Sunday."

"What kind of party will it be? One of your crazy ragers that you throw all the time, or like just a casual thing with food and movies?"

"I actually don't know. Mom didn't say. Probably just a casual thing. I don't want to meet the family hungover." I laugh.

"Yeah, that's probably not the best way to make a good first impression."

We share a laugh but soon enough my mom calls me down for dinner.

"I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright. Bye, I love you."

"Bye, I love you too." I sigh tossing my phone to the side and go back downstairs.

+

After dinner I stood in the middle of my room, just looking around and taking in what's actually going to happen.

My fingers slowly trace over the many many pictures of me and my friends that line the walls.

Although I complain about it a lot, I'm really going to miss Canada.

+

The irritating beeping that plays from my phone every morning, wasn't that irritating today. To some people I may seem a little drastic but I've lived in Canada my whole life, I grew up with the same people and now, I'm leaving and I don't know when I'm coming back.

I throw off my warm covers and make my way to my closet. I pull out a plain burgundy tee shirt and some white shorts. After neatly placing the outfit on my bed I go into my bathroom. After taking care of my business I apply my daily eyeliner and mascara.

I throw on my clothes and quickly brush through my hair. Taking one last look in the mirror and deciding that I look presentable enough I hop down the stairs. But then I run back up the stairs after realizing that I left my phone on charge.

I pour myself a bowl of cereal and take a seat at the island.

A few minutes later I'm joined by my mother.

"Morning." She grumbles.

"Morning. Why aren't you dressed? Don't you have to work today?"

She shakes her head. "Nope. Since they were transferring me to England they decided that I should have the next two weeks off to spend time with you and get everything ready."