Chapter 53

A few invitations were waiting to be delivered and one of them was actually Clari's.

I know, I know... This might be the worst idea I could ever come up with, but I feel like I need to atleast talk to her properly before the wedding.

- I don't want you to go.... - said Selvaggia - She's going to do something to try to ruin everything again...

- Don't worry, beautiful - I smiled while kissing her head - Nothing bad will happen... I promise...

- How are you so sure about that?

- Because I only love you and no one can chang my mind on that - I said while looking into her eyes - So don't stress yourself... It's not good for either you and out little princess... - I smiled as I also placed my hand on her stomach gently.

Yes, since then we found out and we're expecting a baby girl.

- Alright, alright - she sighed - I believe you... But hurry back home, okay?

- Okay, I will.

And after one more kiss on the cheek I left the house to go and see Clari.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Even though I were worried about what's going to happen once I arrive to the house when I knocked on the door someone else opened the door.

- Hello... Diego? - the guy said on a cheerful tone.

- Uhh... Hello?

Who the heck...

Wait...

- Are you... Marco? - I suddenly asked.

- Yes! - he nodded - Did you come to see Clari?

- Uhh... Yes... Well... If I'm not interrupting anything...

- Erm... No... You don't... So come in - he said as he let me in - I'll go and tell Clari that you're here.

I just nodded while Marco walked upstairs.

What's going on right now?

Why is Marco here?

Are they dating, or what?

It can be possible... And it'd make me less worried about Clari.

A few minutes later I suddenly heard Clari's voice...

- What are you doing here, Diego? - she asked.

- Hello to you too - I groaned - And I came to talk to you.

- Okay... What is it?

- Uhh... Wait... Why is Marco here?

- Hm? He came as I called him. I don't think you need to know more and I also don't think you came here because of that.

- Uh... No, indeed... I came to invite you to my wedding.

God, Diego! Couldn't you say this any better?

- Wedding, huh?

- Yes.

- I see.

- Will you come, or not?

- Why do you even want me to come? We have nothing to do with each other anymore...

- I know... But I wanted to talk and try to make things up... And basically be friends... Again...

- Do you really want that?

- I wouldn't be here if I wouldn't want to - I smiled then I put down the invitation on the nearby table - You don't have to answer to this right now... But I'd appreciate if you'd say sometimes soon...

And with that I decided to leave her be and just left the house.