Chapter 50

The next few days went by sort of peacefully as the preparation was nearly done, but my only problem was that I started to feel weak lately.

I don't know what is it that makes me feel this way, but I can't keep up and this really bothers me.

- You need to take it easy, Diego - Selvaggia said one morning when I was about to get out of the bed - You stay here and rest while I will do today's things, alright?

- B-But...

- No buts - she smiled - I'll do everything today while you stay here and I'll tell Petra to check on you.

- I'm not a child...

- Maybe, but you definitely are not well and you need help. So please...

I sighed as I layed back down.

- Okay, beautiful... Only because you said so... - I smiled at her.

I actually need the rest.

So why not listening to her instead of refusing the rest I need?

----- TIME SKIP -----

But then day by day I started to feel weaker and weaker...

Why?

What am I doing wrong?

I feel like I'm getting sick.

And as much as I'm trying to fight it I'm getting weaker and weaker.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Selvaggia's POV:

Diego...

Oh, dear Diego...

What could have happened to you?

Getting back home I found him laying on the floor and after calling the ambulance it came out that he's seriously sick.

Goddamnit, I told him to not to overdo himself, but of course he never listens to me at all.

- Diego... For the love of god... - I sighed while sitting beside his bed, watching him sleeping peacefully.

He seems fine right now.

But I know something's not right with him.

The doctors don't know what to do, or what is the problem with him at all.

They don't know if it's serious, or not.

They don't know anything for sure.

- Goddamnit! - I groaned then I took a hold of his hand - Diego... Wake up... And be better... Please... I can't do this alone...

I then placed his large hand on my stomach...

- We need you... - I whispered while I let tears running down my cheeks.

At this point I couldn't control my feelings.

But who can blame me?

In my state anyone would cry.

My future husband is in the hospital while I'm 6 weeks pregnant and if he dies by any chance I'll be alone... With Leon... And my baby.

- You need to be fine... - I moaned while holding his hand - Wake up...