Chap. 17 Aftermath

4 weeks later...

*kiss kiss* Eren puckered as Levi went in for short quick kisses.

Levi hadn't smiled in at least 2 weeks and I began to get worried, I could always find a way to make him smile, but his face was so stern, like something kept him thinking, replaying in his mind over and over. Eating at him.

"Levi..." I said twisting a little bit of hair that grew back.

"Yes." He still has the conflicted look.

"Are you ok... You haven't smiled in forever and it's like something is nagging at you. What's going on." I gave him a worried look.

"Eren, I don't want to talk about it. Ok. Love you."

Levi leaned in and gave me a sort of French/regular kiss. He caressed my cheek, and pulled me into a tight hug. He was always cold and had a safe look on his face, but now it was the opposite, he looked nervous and as if he hadn't had sleep in days, no weeks.

Side note: I had mostly recovered from the operation 1 month ago, my eyes was still swollen and black, like I got punched in the eye, but they need more tests, and I need to go through radiation. They said it wouldn't be easy, and it would start in 2 weeks. After that I would then be free to go back home to my friends and family, and even... School... I would leave Levi...

Levi then left the hospital room, his shoes clanking like a horses and his hips moving.

"What's going with him... *sigh*"

After thinking for a few minutes I gave up, my plan was to keep pestering him until he would tell me, or  threaten to turn into a ghoul but he would never buy it... I couldn't help him, even if I tried, why wouldn't he open up, especially to me.

My short nurse walked back in the room with medicine, less than the weeks prior.

"Eren, we are going to start taking you off from the pain killers from now on." He sounded very professional.

"Levi, I think I deserve to know... I've dated you for 5 months now... And- and you won't open up about anything. I'm always the one talking about my friends or family, the only person you have talked about is Hanji, and you won't even essure me she's DEAD! Why don't you trust me!" I rambled on for a few more sentences.

"Eren... If I bring up though's *deep breath* memory's that I've pressed done for a LONG time. I don't know what I would do, Eren. You asked me a while ago how and why I became a ghoul, and I think you fell asleep before I could tell you... I think it's time." Levi looked to his feet, scared to move or say another word.

*gulp*

"Please tell me Levi..." I sat up in the bed.

¥|¥|¥|£|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥

Levi's P.O.V

"I woke up in bed, having pain all over my body, from the lashes of my fathers belt across my once pure chest and back. My pillow was always filled with tears like a sponge. My bed was newspaper on the rotted wooden floor in a corner of the living room, with an actual sponge as my pillow. My hair was down to my shoulders and I could never see that well. I wore a long night gown like clothing and my father didn't have enough money to send me to school... So I never had any friends. My mother had died when I was 5 from my father beating her so much, and he made me help fake a suicide for her. The only thing I kept close to me was my sanity. I always knew I was going to be the one that got revenge for my mother... She was the sweetest, most kindest person in the world. She loved to sing and dance, and the only memory I have of her was when I was very young I used to dance with her in the kitchen while listening to 80's music. She always had a smile of her face, even though she was hurt physically and mentally by my father, she still always kept her brilliant smile. Something I will never forget... My father punished me for the slightest of things, like spilling a crumb, or tripping over myself. He was always a pig when he ate and had the worst cleaning skills, I was the maid, nurse, and well, pretty much the butler of the house. My father had a beer belly and was a big alcoholic, he would drink at least 5 beers or any alcohol a night. The man would beat me until I couldn't breath, I would bleed from the mouth, get constant concussions, or even brake something. But it all changed when I was 11 years old..."

¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥