Chap. 2 The Ghoul Eye

7:30 A.M.

"Eren I'm sorry I'm late, There was traffic and Mikasa and---"

"Mom it's ok you need to get to work!"

"What?! You think I'm going to wor---"

"Just go!"

I got out of the hospital bed and started to push her out when Mr.Ackerman walked in and demanded that I get into the bed! I rolled my eyes and obeyed.

"Really Eren you think that is smart! That could put you in a worse state or maybe help the cancer move to your other eye or even you Brain!!! Ms. Yaeger, I don't want you to put your son in a worse state so please leave."

His voice more stern than usual. My mother was full of shock and exited quickly, without saying good bye. Heck, I was even in shock that he said that to my mother. He then set my meal on my bed and started to walk off in the normal swaying of the hips when he stopped.

"Eren... Do you think Ghouls could be good?"

"Wha? Um... Maybe. Everyone tell me that they are terrible creatures that deserve to die, but what if one is different, right?..."

He then quickly exited the room.

"Hm..."

It was quiet for most of the day until around 4:00.

4:00 P.M.

"Eren!!!" Connie screamed when he came in.

"Hey!!!"

"Armin will be here in like 1 minute he's coming up the stairs with flowers and stuff. Oh and Sasha, Jean, and Marco is almost here they are just stuck in traffic. Oh my god, there was this really weird nurse and he was really unsure of us coming I see you. He was all like 'Me no want you there!' And I was like but he's my friend and then---"

"Hey Connie thank you for coming..."

"He said we can only be here for an hour!?"

"Really?!"

"Eren!!! Are you ok, is it really cancer, Mikasa hasn't talked at school and she seems depressed! What's going on!"

Armin burst through the door in a panic, holding a vase of vibrant purple and blue flowers.

"Well I have cancer in the back of my right cornea, and they might need to remove my eye or have surgery on it or something like that."

"That's crazy!!!"

"What's going on in school?"

"A lot of rumors about you, like Eren died or Eren went to the hospital because his parents beat him. Crazy things!!!"

"Oh..." I chuckle a little.

"Nice outfit!" Jean burst through the door holding a box.

"It's not mine it's Sasha's..."

"Did your parents really beat you?!" Sasha pushed my door open with her foot.

"No!!! I have cancer in my right eye."

"Food makes everything better. Beef jerky???"

She pulled out a strip of it out of her purse.

"No, I'm on a strict diet."

"THATS TERRIBLE!?!?!???!!!!"

She was more shocked about my food schedule than the actual cancer problem. It was hilarious.

*knock knock* May I come in...

"Ya of course!!!" I yelled at the door.

Then Marco slipped in, calm and sad.

"Marco are you ok?"

"No, are you ok?"

"Well... I... No... I'm not."

'I'm scared I'm going to die...' I thought to myself.

"Is it cancerous?"

"How did you know?"

"Your eye... It.... What's happening..."

Everyone started to back away from me slowly.

"What's happening, are you guys ok?!"

"Go get the weird nurse guy!" Connie yelled at Sasha. Sasha ran.

"Why are you guys backing away?" I started to get out of the hospital bed ready to cry.

"Are you a ghoul..." Jean said upfrontly.

"WHAT?! No... No I'm not!?"

Sasha came with Mr.Ackerman and I'm crying now and my eye is is serious pain, like needles stabbing every time I blink.

"Eren get in the hospital bed. Your friends need to go, they have upsetted the cornea because of what seems to be pollen and it now looks like a ghouls..."

"What!???? Oh I'm so sorry." I covered my eye and the tears came faster.

My friends soon left saying a quick goodbye but Marco apologizing the most... I was all alone again.

As usual...