Chapter 113

I sighed as I sat on the edge of the motel fire escape. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the gold pocket watch type thing and opened it up. I stared at the two pictures in it sadly. On one side was a picture of me, my dad(Leo) and my older sister(Beth) from when I was a baby. The other picture was a lot more recent. I had taken a couple of months ago. It me, my little sister Izzy, my mom and my Aunt Sammie in front of my mom's old Impala.

"I'm sorry Mom. This whole thing is my fault. If I had just been honest with you then I wouldn't be in this mess." I muttered softly. I closed the thing with a sigh, and keeping it in my hand, I stared off into the distance.

"Hey." I looked over to see Dean sitting next to me. I didn't say a word, just looked at him then looked away.
"Look Kid-"

"Justin. My name is Justin. Not Kid. Justin." I muttered.

"Right. Justin. Look, Justin, sorry about earlier. I've been told I need to work on being nicer." Dean said sheepishly but I just shrugged.

"Eh. You're just being overprotective. My mom's the same way. Aunt Sammie gets after her for it all of the time." I said. Dean chuckled a bit.

"Yeah well, still." We sat in silence for a few moments.
"What are you trying to hide Justin?"
~

I sighed as I sat on the edge of the motel fire escape. I reached up and took ahold of the locket around my neck. I opened it up and stared at the two pictures in it with a sad smile. One side was the old picture of me, mom and Ben, but the other picture was a newer one I had added a couple of weeks ago. It was me, Dad, Sam and Ian in front of the Impala.

"I'm sorry Dad. This whole thing is my fault. If I had just been honest with you, I wouldn't be in this mess." I murmured softly. I closed my locket with a sigh and stared off into the distance.

"Hey." I glanced over to see Deanna sitting next to me. Without a word, I went back to staring off into the distance.
"Look, Kid-"

"Jess. My name is Jess. Not Kid. Jess." I muttered.

"Right. Jess. Look, Jess, sorry about earlier. I've been told I need to work on being nicer." Deanna said a little sheepishly but I just shrugged.

"Eh, you're just being over protective. My Dad's the same way. Uncle Sam is always getting after him for it." I finished with a sad smile, and Deanna chuckled a bit.

"Yeah, well still." We sat in silence for a few moments.
"What are you trying to hide Jess?"