Chapter 90

I walked up to the school, following the crowd of kids but stopped when I heard some one call out to me.

"Jessica!" This girl called out, coming towards me. The moment she was within arm's reach, she clutched onto my arm ans began to chatter away in my ear. I couldn't make sense out of anything that she was saying. After a little while the girl left and this guy came and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Hey babe. So, I was thinking that we could go to the movies tonight. What do you think?" He asked, winking at me and I nearly puked inside.

"Uh, sorry, but I'm pretty sure my family has plans. I don't think my parents would be too happy if I didn't follow through." The guy laughed, giving me a funny look.

"Jessica, baby, what are you talking about? Since when have you cared what your parents thought? Everybody knows how much you hate your family. I mean, I still haven't met your folks, and I just found out that you have a brother that you haven't seen or spoken to in years. If this is a joke, you really need to work on it." He gave one last chuckle before kissing me. I was too stunned to realize it, though. I didn't care about my family? We hadn't seen Ben in years? What kind of sick world was this? Then, like a ton of bricks, it hit me.

"The djinn! Of course! The djinn!" I exclaimed, receiving many weird looks. I turned and ran off of the campus ignoring the people around me, focusing on one thing: home.

My real home. And the answer to getting back lay in the fake home that the djinn had created. I knew that there had to be something that could help me figure out the way back home.