Chapter 5

Dean reappeared in the doorway, this time holding Jessie. "I mean, what was I supposed to do? Let them send her off to who knows where, where who knows what might happen to her? No. I just..just can't stand the thought of my little girl growing up, feeling abandoned. Because that's what it would have been, Bobby. Abandonment. I just couldn't do that to her." Dean stared at Bobby as he spoke but when he had finished Jessie reached up and patted her dad's face. He turned his attention back towards her and she smiled up at him and patted his nose. In retaliation, Dean blew on her face gently.

"Dean! You can't do that!" Sam protested as Jessie let out a gasp at the sudden rush of air, but before anyone could respond further she began to laugh. That sweet baby laugh infiltrated the three mens' hearts almost instantly.

"Can't do what Sammy?" Dean asked, then blew gently on Jessie's face again much to her delight.

"Dean, how do you plan on taking care of this kid?" Bobby asked, getting back to the problem at hand. Dean shrugged.

"I figured that I'd just wing it like with everything else we end up doing." He said simply.

"'Wing it'? You can't just 'wing it' when it comes to taking care of a kid, Dean!" Bobby turned away from them, agitated.

"Well, I'm sorry that I was a little too busy to take some time and plan this thing out. I'm just as surprised as you are Bobby! Do you think I expected to find them dead leaving me as the only person that Jessie had left? No! You think that I wanted to come back a single dad? Heck no! But am I just going to give her up? Over my dead body. I would rather go through the apocalypse again than give her up." Dean said holding his daughter protectively. Bobby growled something to himself then pointed at Dean with a single finger.

"You. Come here. And leave the kid."He said jerking his thumb at the kitchen. Dean glared at Bobby as he set Jessie down on the floor and followed Bobby into the kitchen. Sam watched as the door closed and he was left watching his baby niece.