Chapter 74

I was sleeping when Sam and Ian came in the next morning. Well, I was until I heard them coming down the hall, but I stayed facing away from the door and laid there like I was still asleep.

"Hey Dean. How's she doing?" Sam asked my dad and I smiled as I opened my eyes.

"Why don't you ask me yourself?" I said, turning my head to look at them.

"Jess!" Ian cried out happily, rushing to my side.

"Hey there Bud. You guys miss me?" I asked and Uncle Sam answered this time.

"Yeah we did. Its good to see you awake kid." Only Uncle Sam called me kid any more. I didn't mind though.

"Its good to be awake Uncle Sam." I said softly. Nobody said anything for a little while until Ian asked me a question that made my insides turn cold.

"What was it like getting shot? And being in a coma?" He asked, his eyes bright with curiousity. I took a shocked, shuddering breath and my dad stood and pulled Ian over away from me and in front of him.

"Do not ask your sister that ever again, Ian. Do you understand me?" My dad told him furiously and Ian nodded shocked. He didn't understand that he had done anything wrong.

"Jess? Are you okay?" I realized that my breathing had become shallow and I struggled to get it back under control. Ian's questions had brought up memories that I wasn't ready to share with them yet. See, I remembered everything that the demon had said to me and what Tessa had said during her little visit. But I needed time to figure out what they meant and what this meant for me before I shared it with anybody. (Big mistake Jess. Bug mistake.)