Chapter 43

"Dean?" Sam asked but his brother waved the question away with his hand before walking out of the motel room. Sam sighed, wondering what could have gotten Dean so worked up. A couple of minutes later, Dean walked back in the room, hanging up as he did so.

"Come on. We need to get out of here." Was all Dean said before walking over to his daughter. "Jess, you gotta get up. You can sleep in the car Pie Thief. We need to get to Nevada as fast as we can." Jess got up reluctantly, giving her dad an irritated look before grabbing her beat up pink duffel and walking out of the room, to the impala and climbing into the backseat.

"Why do we need to go to stupid Nevada anyway? Its not Vegas Week anytime soon." She muttered as the brothers got in the car and Sam chuckled at his niece's grumpy behavior. He looked at Dean expecting a smile, but was surprised to see that he was sitting, stone faced, only focusing on driving.

"Dean, what's going on?" Sam asked, worried a little bit. Dean glanced at his brother, then his daughter, back at his brother and finally he turned his glance back on the road.

"Not now Sam. Everything will make sense later. Just, just get some sleep. Alright?" Sam couldn't figure out what had his brother so thrown. But, he kept his mouth shut and slept. He woke up early the next morning and they were just arriving in Reno, Nevada. Dean was still driving.

"Dean, have you been driving all night?" Sam demanded, sitting up in his seat. Dean nodded stiffly. "Why? Dean what's wrong?"

"I can't tell you right now Sammy. You'll understand why later." Sam was shocked. What could be so bad that Dean couldn't tell him?