Chapter 81

A sound like a gunshot echoed in the backyard as I slapped Jack across the face. He staggered back from the force of it and his hand flew up to the left side of his face which was already cherry red. He stared at me in shock, but then he glared at me.

"You little-" he started coming in close once again, trying to be intimidating, but I cut him off.

"Please. You don't scare me." I laughed once and walked around him.

"Hey, what's going on back here?" My dad appeared in the doorway and I shrugged.

"Why don't you ask Jack?" I said as my dad came out in the yard, looking from me to Jack as I spoke. I turned to face Jack with my arms crossed in front of my chest and raised an eyebrow.

"I'll tell you what happened. She slapped me for absolutely no reason." Jack said, acting shocked. My dad looked at me as I scoffed in disbelief.

"No! No, you are not going to do this! Not now, not ever." I said walking up to Jack and jabbed my finger in hus face as I spoke to him. I then spun around to face my dad. "Don't listen to him Dad. He's just a jerk trying to place the blame on someone else." I said and by now Uncle Sam had come around to the backyard as well.

"What's he done now Jess?" I looked up at my uncle, then my dad, and finally stared at Jack.

"He kissed me. He made out with me and tried to get feely too." I said and I listened as my dad made an angry noise behind me but I kept staring at Jack's face.

"Seriously? After everything he did to you?" Uncle Sam demanded and my dad turned on him.

"What do you mean 'after everything he did'? What did he do?" My dad asked us and Sam gave me a look.