Chapter 21

That first night that they were back at the bunker was just heartbreaking for the Winchesters. After Dean carried her into the bunker, Jessie refused to allow him to put her down.

"Jessie, Daddy's going to put you down now, alright? We're home now, so down you go." Dean said softly as he began to left his daughter down but she just let out a half shriek half sob noise and threw her arms around Dean's neck, holding on as though her life depended on it.

"No, Daddy, please don't leave me 'gain. Please, Daddy don't leave me." She sobbed, burying her face in his chest and Dean rewrapped his arms around her.

"Alright. I won't leave you. Don't worry, I'll stay right here with you alright?" Dean asked and she nodded vigorously, not lifting her face from his shirt. That night Dean fell asleep on a couch in the bunker, holding his daughter to him as they slept.

When Jessie woke up the next morning, she woke up gasping and afraid. She had woken up like that before, George or Helen trying to hold her. She immediately began to kick to break free but Dean woke up before she started to scream.

"Hey, Pie Thief, it's alright. It's just me, everything is okay now. Your home." As soon as he spoke she calmed down and wrapped her small arms around his chest as best she could and just sat there hugging him for a while.

So, its been about a week since Sam and Dean got Jessie back and Dean decided that it would probably be best if they just layer low for a while, just to help her forget about the whole, you know what. In that time, Dean had refused to let her out of his sight for anything more than what was necessary. He decided that pretty soon he would have to start teaching her self defense. Sure, it had been some humans this time but it was only a matter of time before a monster came after he and she would have to defend herself against it.

As Dean was contemplating this thought Jessie was sitting at the table across from him, singing softly to herself as she drew a little picture. Dean drew himself back to reality and watched her for a moment, listening to what she was singing.
"{Who am I? Tell me. Where do I come from? Who am I? Tell me. Cause its like, I don't fit in at all!}" She sang softly and Dean frowned. He didn't recognize that song.

"Hey, Jessie, where did you hear that song?" Jessie looked up, startled.

"It's from a movie I watched when I was..." her voice trailed off and Dean hurried to keep speaking.

"Oh. Did you spend all of your time watching movies?" He watched his daughter nod slightly. "Did you watch that one movie a bunch of times?"

"No. I watched each movie once." She said and Dean looked at her confused.

"Then how... Can you sing a song from one of the movies you watched? For me?" He asked and she nodded shyly. Softly she began to sing.
"{Can someone tell me where I belong, where I should go? Can someone show me where I'm going wrong? I need to know.
Why do I hurt the ones I love, with everything I do? If I can't be what they want of me, then what am I to do?
I can't go home. Oh, this much I know. It might be better if I just disappear, alone.
I've got to find my way, and I will survive someway. If only there was a place where I could be just me. If only there was a place where I could be, just me.}" She smiled at Dean as she finished and he was amazed.

"Jessie, that was incredible! And you listened to that song once?" She nodded, not really sure why he was so excited. "Sam! Sammy, get in here! You're going to want to hear this!" Dean shouted and a minute later Sam came walking into the room.

"What Dean?" He asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Check this out. Jessie, can you sing a different song for Uncle Sammy?" Jessie shrugged and nodded at the same time before thinking about what song to sing.
"{In a perfect world, one we've never known, we would never need to face the world alone. They can have the world, we'll create our own. I may not be brave or strong or smart, but somewhere in my secret heart!
I know love will find a way, anywhere I go, I'm home if you are there beside me! With dark turning into day, somehow we'll come through, now that I've found you, love will find a way.
I was so afraid, now I realize. Love is never wrong and so it never dies. In a perfect world, shining in your eyes. And if only they could feel it too, the happiness I feel with you.
I know love will find a way, anywhere we go, we're home if we are there together. With dark turning into day, somehow we'll come through, now that I've found you, love will find a way. I know love will find a way.}" As she finished Sam looked between her and Dean, back and forth in disbelief.

"Did she just sing that song word for word?" Sam asked, incredulous. Dean nodded.

"After listening to it once. And a bunch of other songs too, huh, Jessie?" She nodded, not sure why they were making such a big deal out of it.

"I was just singing. What's the big deal?" She asked.

"Jessie, the big deal isn't that you're singing, its what you're singing. Most people have to read the words a bunch of times before they remember them, but you are special." Dean said pulling her onto his lap. "You only have to listen to the words once and you remember them perfectly. That's what the big deal is."
(A/n Anyone who can name the three songs that Jessie sang and say what movies they are from gets a shout out and 10 points to them! Until next time my wonderful readers.