Chapter 83

"Dad, come on. Please." I begged. It had been almost a month since we had come back to the bunker, but I was absolutely miserable. "Seriously, Dad anything please." Dad hadn't let me out of the bunker since we got back. And it hadn't gotten really old, really fast.

"No, Jess." He said, walking past me into the kitchen. I followed him, not giving up.

"Please. I'm not asking for a major case or anything, maybe just a simple salt and burn, or even a supply run. Anything." I was desperate to get out and about.

"No Jess. Not after what happened." I scowled. He had set all these rules about me and Ian not being allowed to leave the bunker after the demon thing. I still hadn't told him about what the demon said, or about Tessa appearing to me. He would never let me leave.

"Hey, Dean." Dad looked up as Uncle Sam called for him and he walked into the library with me trailing behind.

"What's up Sammy?" Dad asked and Uncle Sam looked up from his laptop.

"Haunting. Looks like a simple salt and burn. Couple of towns over. Should only take a day or two at most. You wanna take it?" Before my Dad could answer I exclaimed.

"Oh, yes! Dad, please let me come on this case. Please." I pleaded and he slammed his hand down on the table.

"No, Jessica! The answer is no, so stop asking!" He exclaimed and I took a shallow breath, my temper rising.

"Why not? Why do you insist on treating me like a little kid? I can make decisions for myself if you would just let me!" I was shouting now.

"What is you want me to do Jessica? I'm not going to let you risk your life hunting!" Dad was shouting now too.

"Why not? What's the point in me being here if I can't hunt?"

"What do you want me to do then? Do you want me to be like other hunter dads and send you away? I'm sure we could find a nice boarding school somewhere. You wouldn't have me telling you what to do all the time. Is that what you want? Do you want me to send you away to a boarding school?"

"No! I want to be a hunter, like you and Uncle Sam!" Dad and I were tearing at each others throats now.

"Well, life must suck for you, because that's not going to happen!" Dad shouted at me. My eyes began to tear up.

"I hate you! You're the worst dad in history! I hate you!!" I cried out in anger, turning and running to my room. I slammed the door shut behind me and collapsed on my bed in tears.