Chapter 28

"Jessie? Wake up, kid." Jessie moaned softly as she opened her eyes. Sam was standing over her.

"Uncle Sam? What's going on?" She mumbled, sitting up. She rubbed her eyes trying to wake up, Zebra still in one hand.

"Hey, nothings going on, I just wanted to check on you. What happened earlier?" He asked and Jessie felt a rush of anger.

"Dad was being the overprotective moron that he always is. He never lets me do anything!" Jessie exclaimed and Sam gave her a sympathetic look.

"I know how you feel kid. But, your dad has a reason for being like that. This is dangerous work -" she cut him off.

"I know that! You guys tell me that all the time!! I know the risks!" Sam gave her a look.

"As I was saying before I was interrupted, this is dangerous work. No one knows all of the risks, not even me and your dad. People die for this job Jessie, and your dad is just trying to protect you. If you want him to let you hunt, then you have to show him that you're ready." She scoffed in disbelief.

"You're just as bad as him! You guys both treat me like a baby! I can do this!"

"Then you have to show you're ready. Hunters have to be mature about things, and they need to know how to follow order to the last letter. You didn't do such a hot job of that today." Dean said as he appeared in the doorway. Jessie frowned at the floor. She knew that she had been in the wrong about earlier but she wasn't about to admit it.

"I just wanted to help."she murmered softly. Dean's face softened slightly as he came and sat next to his daughter on the bed.

"I know. But, this isn't a game Pie Thief. Our job's dangerous, and I don't want to see you get hurt because of it." Dean said and Jessie nodded slightly before turning and hugging him.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you Dad." She whispered into his shirt and he wrapped his arms around her.

"I know. But, I want you to understand that my rules are made to keep you safe. You and Sam are all that I have left. I can't lose you too."