Torn.

I sat on the couch, test in hand ready to tell Brian the news as soon as he got home. I heard the door open and it sent my nerves crazy. I couldn't do this, I hid the test under a cushion as Brian entered the room.
"Hey, how are you feeling?" He smiled as he walked over and kissed my forehead. "What were you hiding?". He looked over to the cushion I had put the test under.
"I didn't hide anything" I attempted to lie but my tone betrayed me.
"Why are you so nervous? You know you can tell me anything" He tilted my head up so he could look into my eyes.
"I know- it's just-" I couldn't think of what to say so I pulled the test out and handed it to him, hanging my head low.
"What do the two lines mean?" He questioned.
"It means that I'm pregnant" I told him softly.
"Pregnant? How we were always safe" He furrowed his brow. I looked up at him and he shook his head to dismiss what he just said. "Who cares about that, what's important is we're having a baby!" he shouted and took me into his arms. He actually seemed happy with it, unfortunately I couldn't muster the enthusiasm.
"Shakira found the condoms when you tutored her, she put holes in them" I sighed.
"How do you know this?"
"Mia told me" I shrugged.
"Mia? She knows about us? Does Shakira?" He was worried now.
I shook my head "Mia seen us kissing one day and today when she witnessed me vomiting she told me about the condoms. She's the one who brought me home and I told her everything. Shakira doesn't know anything".
He just nodded then looked at me and frowned "What's wrong? Aren't you happy about this?"
"This is going to complicate everything, Brian" I uttered.
"What do you mean?" He demanded.
I studied his face, even when worried he looked attractive. I loved this man with all my heart so why when I opened my mouth to speak did these words come out: "We can't have a baby together Brian, and we can't do this".
"Can't have a baby? What are you saying? If you're thinking about abortion I won't let you" He told me.
"Not abortion. I can't risk your career and I can't risk you possibly going to jail over this relationship. I love you but I can't ruin your life like this" I said sterner now. I didn't want to be saying these things but I knew it was for the best.
"I've told you before I'd risk it all for you and I meant it. Please don't leave. You said it yourself that this feels right. We are meant to be together, it's fate remember" He denied, tears starting to spill onto his cheeks and he turned to face away from me.
I touched his face and moved it so that he was looking at me, both of us were crying. "Us meeting was fate, you becoming my teacher was cruel fate, we should have stopped there. Our relationship was a mistake. Some mistakes are lovable and become better than what was meant to be. I thought this was one of those times but it's not".
"Don't I get a say in this?" He whispered.
I shook my head "I'm afraid that this is what's for the best. I'm sorry Brian". I stood up and ran from the house, not giving him a chance to say anything else or to chase after me. It was already hard enough to do this.  

*******************
A/N: Bet that you weren't expecting it to be Riley who breaks things off with Brian. I wasn't expecting this either when I wrote it but it just turned it that direction, it's cruel but I like it for a bit of shock value :3 

Hoping that everyone is enjoying the story so far! How do you think it's going to end? You'll find out soon.