Concern and confessions

"What happened to your leg?" Amy asked, as soon as she seen me.
"Screw the leg, what the fuck is this?!" Luke demanded as he rushed to me and turned my wrist over. Some blood had seeped a little.
"Shakira got out of hand on the hike, Riley just used the razor on the wrong person" Brian informed them.
"You got that right! I'll give that bitch what for" Kate shouted.
"I'll be talking to Shakira's parents and Mr Turner very soon, hopefully we can arrange a punishment that will mean she can't have a chance at doing this again" Brian said.
"Why haven't you already called them!?" Luke pressed, the rest of the group turned a questioning, and slightly hateful gaze on Brian.
"Guys calm down, I asked Brian to stay with me until you all got back... In case I tried to harm myself further" I told them "He even played doctor to the wounds I managed to do".
"Sorry Brian, we just get a bit protective of Riley sometimes" Sam apologised.
"That's understandable" Brian said then he turned to me "If it's OK with you I think I have some calls to make" He added.
"Sure, and thank you Brian... for everything" I said.
"My pleasure Ma'am" He gave a small bow before exiting the room.
"What's up with the odd behaviour with you two?" Elise questioned.
"What do you mean?" I asked as if I didn't have a clue.
"Yeah, what is with that? You two were acting kind of weird" Kate noted.
"Weird?" Luke scoffed "They were in a universe that consisted only of them"
"I have no clue what you mean" I acted dumb.
"Please, you were so depressed you felt the need to harm yourself but now you're smiling like a massive dork" Sam said
"You have some explaining to do missy!" Luke demanded in his 'father' voice.
As if on cue they all looked at me with questioning eyes and leaned in.
"OK, OK!" I laughed at their enthusiasm. "It's no big deal but Brian and I" I paused as they all leaned in further, I began to blush and very quietly finished the sentence "Brian and I kissed".
"YOU KISSED?! How was it?" Kate exclaimed.
I shot her a glare that meant 'be quiet' before answering. "Amazing, they all were"
"Woe, woe, woe. You mean to say that this happened multiple times?" Elise demanded.
I gave a shy nod "Yes, and he remembers me from the mall" I answered.
"See what did I tell you? This is fate" Luke grinned.
"So Brian is your silver lining to what Shakira done" Sam said.
"More like platinum" Amy laughed.
"I'm still trying to get over it myself, it was such a shock" I told them.
"So what are you going to do now?" Elise asked.
I shrugged "I know it's really wrong for me to be with him but we both want to be together, he says he doesn't care about what's right or wrong but I can't shake the feeling of fear, I'm so afraid that this can only end badly but it feels so right" I sighed.
"You can't let this go Riley, I know you too well and if you don't try to be with him just because society thinks it is wrong then you'll end up regretting it" Sam said.
"He's right, you and Brian were meant to be together. It's not fair that you are in the situation of being student and teacher but I think if you be careful then you can make it work" Luke said.
"This is all great news but I'm still confused as to why you would cut yourself. I know Shakira is a bitch but it must have been really bad to make you do this" Kate said.
So I told them how Matt had been talking to me since I 'saved' him and how Shakira totally misread the situation and then said all those things about my mother.
"Wait, she thought you were going to get with Matt?" Elise laughed. It might seem a bit odd that she didn't mention the more depressing part of the story but that's because she knew I wouldn't want to mention more so instead we always tried to find the humour in the misfortune
"I couldn't believe it ever, but he's actually a pretty cool guy and he wants to hang out some time, with all of us" I said.
"Can we trust him to be friendly?" Amy asked.
"I think we can he seemed pretty sincere, maybe we can give him a chance and see where being friends with him leads, but I defiantly won't be telling him about Brian any time soon" I nodded.
Everyone went to tea and brought me back a plate of food, I was perfectly capable of going out to the dining hall but it seemed my friends were being over cautious of me.
"Neither Brian or Shakira was at tea, Jade said that they were in a meeting with the camps owner. A video conference with Mr Turner" Kate informed.
"I really hope they have her expelled" Sam said.
We decided to pass time by playing games.
"I still can't believe you and Brian are together" Elise said.
"It's not official" I reminded.
"As if either of you are just going to turn around and decide not to be together. You said yourself that you both want to be together" Amy said.