Science class.

On Monday I had science with Matt but he hadn't spoken to me since the day he caught Brian and I at the lake. I sort of missed him, I had tried talking with him multiple times but he ignored me every time. He'd say 'hello' to the rest of the group but that was it.

"Hello class" Our teacher greeted as he entered the room. Only it wasn't our teacher it was Brian. "Mr Turner is away today so I'll be substituting for him today" Brian announced.
Since Brian had no clue what we were working on we just had to take notes on the practical assignment we done last week which would have been fine but we had to do it with our partners and since camp my science partner had been Matt.
The whole time we were taking notes Matt would only speak to me if it was absolutely needed, and always in a stand-offish tone.
I felt so bad knowing I had hurt him like I did, it wasn't my intention and I wished he'd let us explain.
The bell rang out and Matt practically jumped out of his seat.
"Matt and Riley, I'd like the two of you to stay behind" Brian called out.
Matt grunted slightly and sat down at a different table. "You can't keep me behind for no reason" Matt complained once everybody else had left the room.
"I'm concerned about your friendship" Brian told him.
"We're not friends anymore" Matt informed angrily.
I looked at him feeling hurt. "I didn't want to hurt you" I sighed.
"Well you did, how could you be with a teacher? I thought you were different to the other girls Riley. Why didn't you tell me?" Matt demanded.
"It isn't like that. I wanted to tell you but I was still getting use to the new you. I didn't think I could trust you with this secret, especially after I found out you liked me" I explained.
"Liking you was the only reason I didn't tell anyone" Matt shook his head.
"I can tell both of you are hurt by the impact this relationship has had on your new friendship and I'm sorry it has come to this. I don't blame anyone for this, not even myself but I do blame misunderstanding. That's why I'm keeping you both behind, since you aren't willing to let us explain our story to you I have kept you so you have to listen to it. I'm not saying that it'll help you accept us but I know Riley is going to feel better about the whole thing if you know the story" Brian interrupted.
Both of us looked at Matt who eventually gave a small nod "OK" He whispered causing both Brian and I to smile.
We didn't have enough time to give a detailed explanation but turns out we only needed to tell Matt the brief story. Matt thought it over for a few minutes but eventually he gave a sigh then looked at us and smiled "I guess I owe you both an apology".
"Thank you so much for understanding" I grinned.
"We also need to thank you Matt, for not telling anyone about us even though it angered you" Brian smiled.
"So I take it I have detention?" Matt joked.
"Only if you want it" Brian laughed.
"Yes please. I miss everyone" Matt replied.