Old friends

The following day also held a great surprise. I had just walked into my lounge room when I was practically tackled to the ground by a hug. When the culprit let me go I looked at them, at first I didn't notice them but after a moment of studying the face it hit me. The person standing before me was my old best friend Hannah. She had always been so different from me, pretty and popular but we were the best of friends.
"Han!?" I screeched and hugged her back.
"It's been soooo long" she exaggerated. "You look great Ri".
"So do you" I grinned. "What are you doing here?" I questioned.
"I told her she could stay here, for as long as she wants" Dad announced.
"Really? It's going to be amazing!" I said, jumping up and down.
"It's true. Let's sit down and catch up" Hannah suggested.
And we did, we talked for hours. Turns out her Mother had recently remarried to a guy who lived near and he was very nasty towards Han and instead of backing her up Hannah's Mum took his side since her last relationship ended due to the boyfriend flirting with Hannah, even though she wasn't interested.
Dad found her in a café and talked with Han, when she told him about the situation he immediately offered that she stay with us. They had already called around to her Mums house to get Han's things.
Also she was enrolled to start at our school tomorrow.
"So tell me about school and your friends. I hear your best-friend lives here because his parents weren't accepting of his sexuality? So we finally have the gay friend we wanted" Han questioned.
"Three gay friends. Sam is Luke's boyfriend, Lucas is with him at the moment. Then there's Amy she's really cool too" I informed.
"Even better, so do you have a boyfriend... or girlfriend??" Han asked.
"I have a boyfriend. He's pretty amazing. You'll meet him tomorrow maybe" I said.
"Maybe? Doesn't he hang out with you?"
"He does a bit, mainly during lunch, in detention" I answered.
"Detention? Is he a bad boy?" She teased jokingly.
"No, it's sort of our group's thing. There's only two teachers who take detention and both are great, one's actually the cousin of my friend Kate. Anyway we either ask them for detention or we slightly miss behave with the strict teachers. It's usually only our group in detention so it's great" I explained.
After a while we decided to go to the mall and do some shopping Han bought some pastel pink hair dye and had me cut and dye her long platinum blonde hair it looked really great.