Hangout

We had only just reversed out of the driveway when I received a text from Brian: Matt is who you arranged to hang out with?
I had to roll my eyes before typing a reply: Yes, no one else was available. Don't worry about Matt. You are my one and only <3
Brian: I trust you, it's him I don't trust... I love you <3
Me: I love you too. I thought the whole point of me hanging out with someone was so you wouldn't get distracted? Go teach Luke and don't worry about me.
Matt and I went to the mall and done some shopping. Mainly in the gaming, music and DVD shops but we did go in some other shops to get some items.
"You're so different to shop with compared to the girls I usually go with" Matt commented.
"I have my days. If you were female I'd go in all shops looking at clothes but I know that's not enjoyable for you so I'll save it for another day" I shrugged.
We drove to the lake after that and got a smoothie from a café across the road before going around the walking track at the lake then we sat down and talked some, it was an enjoyable talk and we had a few good laughs.
"You're a really great person Riley, and I was, uh, I was wondering if you'd maybe like to go out with me sometime?" Matt asked.
I grew serious right away "Matt I have a boyfriend and I love him. I'm sorry if you thought this was a date or something but-" I began.
"No, no I didn't think it was a date. It doesn't surprise me that you have a boyfriend. I mean you're beautiful and amazing and just... well I don't know but you're amazing, your boyfriend is very lucky".
"Actually I'm the lucky one to have him. You are a great guy Matt and one day an amazing girl will come along and you're going to sweep her off her feet" I told him.
"Right, I'm sorry" Matt nodded slightly upset.
We hung out for another half hour but it was slightly awkward. I don't think it would affect the friendship much though which was good.
He dropped me off at home after Brian had left.
"How was the hangout?" Luke asked.
"It was fine. Matt's fun to hang out with but I wouldn't have minded being tutored by the sexy English teacher" I joked.
"The sexy English teacher wasn't too enthused with you hanging out with Matt" he noted.
"Brian has nothing to worry about. Yes Matt likes me but I don't have any feelings for him whatsoever, it's Brian I love" I said.
"So you finally agree that Matt is into you?" Luke raised an eyebrow.
"It's pretty hard for me to disagree now that he asked me out. I told him I had a boyfriend. But knowing he likes me makes it a lot less likely that I'll be telling Matt about Brian" I answered.
"Good idea, since Matt likes you he might not give you and Brian a chance to explain the story" Luke nodded.
"But that being said, I don't think that we trust Matt as much as we should. I know we have a slightly negative history with him but he's really trying to be our friend and right all the wrongs of the past" I said.