Questions

Jade practically threw open the door when I knocked. "Thank god you're here. Your Dad came around to pick you up 10 minutes ago. I told him that you and Kate were out walking and that you'd be back in half hour. I tried calling you but you never picked up" She said.

"My phone died" I informed.
"Anyway he seemed pretty upset, or suspicious. But he said your Aunt is coming up for a day" Jade continued.
She let me in and I told her and Kate about the situation with Dad finding out I had a boyfriend.
Sure enough Dad was knocking at the door within 20 minutes when I opened it he seemed somewhat relieved.
"I have been trying to call you since last night" He said.
"Sorry my phone died and I left the charger at home" I explained, it was true.
"Hey Sean, would you like to come in for a coffee?" Jade called.
"No thanks, Riley and I have to leave. My sister will be at home any second now" Dad called back.
I grabbed my bag and got in the car. "There's something I need to ask you" Dad said as he switched on the ignition.
I gulped "Yes?"
"Are you seeing someone?" He asked right out.
I nodded slightly "I am"
"Why didn't you tell me? How long have you been dating this guy?" He demanded.
"I guess I was waiting for the right time. It's been a few weeks, or more" I shrugged.
"How long?" Dad asked again with a strict tone.
"Two months" I sighed.
"Two months?!" He repeated "Why am I the last to know about him? I know you seen him last night and I know Jade and Kate covered for you. Why are you hiding it? You can tell me anything and I'm upset that you'd keep this from me".
"I know, I'm sorry Dad but he's not ready to meet you just yet, let me talk to him and see what I can do about that. Yes I had tea with him last night and meet his brother. I know that your concerned about me going out with a guy that I haven't told you anything about but I can ensure you that I am safe with him and he'd never do anything to hurt me" I confessed.
He seemed to consider it a while "OK" he eventually said "So tell me, do I know him? What's his name?"
"You've met him once at school very quickly, his name is Brian. He is reasonably new and isn't a big part of our group" I said. Trying to be honest yet give out little information.
"I trust your judgement and I'd like to meet your boyfriend. Why don't you invite him over for tea tomorrow?" Dad suggested.
"We were discussing him meeting you last night but he's pretty nervous about it, why don't we give him a few days to prepare himself? Say Friday?" I asked. Friday was still really soon but any longer and Dad would think something was up. Hopefully by then Brian and I would be able to sort out a way to tell Dad about us.
"Friday it is" Dad agreed.