The official introduction

I had been extremely nervous since last night and had hardly slept a wink. I had told Brian to arrive at my house around 5:30PM and it was almost time, for the past 10 minutes I had been pacing back and forth in the lounge room, ready to answer the door as soon as Brian arrived. Dad was in the kitchen cooking the roast with Luke.
As soon as I heard a knock at the door I raced to open it. "Hey" He greeted. He was trying to play it casual but I could tell he was as nervous as I was.
"Hi, come in" I answered and stepped aside so he could get inside.
"It's going to be OK Riley" Brian assured as he gave me a quick kiss.
"I hope so" I replied quietly.
We headed for the lounge room and just as we reached it Dad began to come out of the kitchen, looking down at his hands which he was drying with a dish towel "It's so good to meet you" He said before looking up. He looked confused. "Oh Mr Raux, I wasn't expecting you until tomorrow. It's not a good time to tutor Lucas tonight".
"Actually I'm not here to tutor anyone tonight. Please Sean, call me Brian" Brian responded.
"Brian it is. What can I do fo-" Dad cut himself off as he looked at us. I took hold of Brian's hand and gave him a nervous smile "You've got to be joking" Dad shook his head in denial.
"Brian is my boyfriend Dad. I know it's not ideal but-" I began.
"Not ideal? He's your teacher Riley!" Dad scoffed. "And you, I thought you didn't take advantage of your students, you seemed so respectable" He fumed as he turned his burning gaze on Brian.
"Please let us explain" I begged.
"This is so wrong. When you said you had a boyfriend I thought you meant someone your own age, a teenager and student" Dad shook his head and sat down on the couch, head in his hands.
Brian and I sat on the other couch at loss of words. Luke walked in then and ignoring the tension in the air casually said "Hey Bri, I see you made it".
"How long have you known about this?" Dad questioned.
"Since the day it all started" Luke nodded.
"Why wouldn't you tell me? You realise that it's illegal for them to be together" Dad demanded.
"It's more complicated than some stupid school girl crush, you should know Riley is above that sort of thing. In my eyes they were meant to be since they meet almost two years ago" Luke informed.
"They didn't even know each other a year ago, let alone two" Dad said.
"You're right Sean, I didn't know your daughter a year ago but I had met her, and that meeting stuck with me until the day I seen Riley sitting in my classroom. I tried to deny everything, the way she made me feel. But I couldn't. I love Riley and if it means that you'd let us be together then I'd give up my job for her. It has been a rough road and I'm not willing to give Riley up" Brian stated.
"You'd give up your job for me?" I asked, slightly shocked.
"Of course, you mean so much to me Riley" He nodded and looked into my eyes, I could see nothing but pure honesty in his expression.
Dad kept looking at the three of us for an explanation eventually he nodded "Alright, tell me the story".
So Brian and I sat there for about an hour and told him about the kiss at Chelton, Brian becoming my teacher, trying to deny our feelings when they were only growing stronger. We told him everything up until the day Dad picked me up from Jade's house after I had stayed at Brians and met Caleb.
Dad remained silent throughout the explanation, on occasion giving a slight nod. The timer on the oven rang out as we finished the story. Both Brian and I watched him anxiously. Eventually he gave a sigh "You can tell me more about yourself over tea" Dad said to Brian. All of us gave a big sigh of releif and smiles spread on our faces.